(Bonus Chapter 3) AIDEN WILDER - AUTOPILOT MODE

Author's note: The following chapter is in Aiden's POV. The important events of the whole story is written in his POV. This could be a little disoriented if you are reading just this chapter for judging purposes but I'm sure you'll find Aiden's character sketch, his intentions and the flow of the story crystal clear.

❤️❤️

AUTOPILOT MODE

❤❤

It was the last week of school. That favored Margo, in a way. She had to deal with only one week of gossip around. When summer took over, the less I saw her. I heard from Irsia that Margo had shut out everybody and had gone incommunicado. I saw her once in a while leaving Irsia's home. As the CONMISDUM had gone out of control, her mom won't let her out. I couldn't blame this new mystery disease for I couldn't see her. It was the reason why I came to Ostonn Newvale. My gratitude toward the CONtagious MISsing DELirium was huge. It brought her to me.

When I saw her at Irsia's birthday party, I almost went into autopilot to give her a hug. She had renewed her spark. She had made stars out of Zinc Sulfide paper and stuck it on the wall. Glad to know Mrs. Lin had her attention. If only I found chemistry as interesting as Margo or if only she was a subject in my academics. When Irsia got back from the dinner with her parents, Elec turned off the lights and Margo snuggled next to me against the wall in a hurry. I was certain I felt Elec's stare, even in the dark. As soon as we scared Irsia with a surprise hoot, Edric whispered, "do you know you change into a puppy when Fawn is near you? Pathetic, Wilder. She doesn't even have a slim inkling of the effect she has on you." I couldn't deny that.

Margo had crafted something called marbled ring dish in Irsia's favorite colour. I had no idea what its purpose was. Elec had brought her some necklace. Oh! It was a jewelry storing thing. Girls are all about colors and co-ordination. I had to ask my mother what to buy for Irsia. I used the opportunity to call Margo. The only thing that registered in my mind was her silvery voice and jade green. Why did girls have to get foreign when it came to stuff like this. Again, I had no idea what it meant. I had to ask my mom again what jade green meant. It was all outlandish to me. I brought a yellow grafted cactus. I knew I couldn't go wrong with a cute potted plant. Irsia loved it. Edric tossed at Irsia a green purse. So that was jade green?

"Thanks, Ed," Irsia squealed.

When school started, the Damon drama started. Everyone loved her dog. I even swam with him once or twice. Her dog, Damon had gone missing. She seemed to be very invested in it, it bothered me. Her dog was a big element of her world. Pains me to say this, but her dog was the bigger element. I decided to stick flyers to all the lamp posts about her missing dog, with her number and Elec's. Again, she went into a stupor and I carried her to the car. As much as I loved carrying her, I wished she was a little aware of it and she had to stop dropping unconscious with her adamant habit of skipping meals. Only after I helped her bury Damon in her backyard I came by the knowledge about the calls she had been getting from Kyle's friends. He had made enough of her life a mess. It had to stop. I was waiting for the right moment to make him bleed.

When she was back in her balance and element, I had Elec breathing down my neck. To her, I was just another boy crushing on Margo. In a way, I liked Elec being around Margo all the time. Her surly attitude scared the other guys away from Margo. Elec wanted to run her car over Kyle and that made her my best friend. She could hate me all she wanted to, but I was still grateful.

I just told the girls about what Verena said and about her secret identity. What I did not know when I told Irsia about Verena's secret was how she'd react. She had always been cool about everything. She always was the nicest one, but I didn't know that keeping secrets would turn her into a ball of rage. And Electra used this opportunity to kindle the fire. She used the Aiden-has-a-crush-on-Verena card. That was the card she used to keep my real intentions off the radar of Margo and it was getting really old and ugly. How could she even think that I would put Margo in danger? Just when I stormed outside, Fiona called. I had completely forgotten that she invited me for Kyle's party.