37. WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS?

CHAPTER 37

WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS?

❤❤

Next morning I got up before my mom would and I had to place the ladder and the chair in the porch back at their places. I was getting good at this. I couldn't lie, but I can hide the truth and get away. I know both sounds similar, but if you looked hard, you could see a thin line. That thin line was helping me a lot.

As I placed the ladder and the chair back, I noticed the bustling and rustling next door. The noise was similar to the ones that you could hear when you stood in front of the class and no one paid attention to you and went on talking and talking. The low murmur sounded harmless, but something was unsettling. This wasn't usual. Brookhedge wasn't a noisy neighborhood. Neither were my neighbors. Still, I had a feeling in my gut that it wasn't something that could be life threatening. I mean, what could a low buzzing sound do, right? Unless it was a swarm of bees. I stepped a little further to reach the gate. I heard a man's voice. The voice carried authority - loud and clear - "block both ends of the road."

Uhh... did I hear that right? Block both ends of the road?

"Put a sign that this block is under quarantine."

Quarantine? I suddenly wanted to run to the sink and heave away the nausea. I walked toward the gate, swallowing the bile and the heartburn. I couldn't see what was happening outside. The angle didn't help. A man with a huge gun, which I assumed to have tranquilizer, appeared out of nowhere and I jumped at the sight of him. He wore a really white sheath covering his whole body. Could he even breath? My own breath caught in my throat and didn't reach my nostrils at the sight of the size of the gun he held. How naïve was I a few seconds ago when I thought I wasn't in danger?

He retracted the gun and asked, "kid, are you okay?"

Kid? I nodded, feeling my breath tickling my nostrils. Alive. Sure.

"What's this about?" I mustered up the courage to ask, but my eyes were very aware of the tranquilizer gun he held.

"There was a ghoul invasion in the cemetery last night and two of your neighbor family had went missing. They have constricted CONMISDUM."

I seemed to have lost the ability to answer with so many questions rising in my mind. I had to quell the panic-induced scream.

"Where are your parents?" His skeptical tone caused a queasiness, which would normally end up in a high-pitched shout from me.

"Mom," I yelled, still very aware of his gun. Yeah! She wouldn't answer me. Well, "Mom..." I channeled my fear to my voice. I used it as an opportunity to scream.

"Are your parents okay? Are they home? When was the last time you saw them?" The gun he held vertical to his shoulder came long and horizontal, just a few inches from my skin.

End of Margo Fawn's PoV

~ THE END OF MARGO FAWN AND THE CONTAGIOUS MISSING DELIRIUM - 1 ~

❤❤