20. DOUBT METER

CHAPTER 20

DOUBT METER

❤❤

I thought I couldn't pull the words out of my mouth only with Aiden, but it turned out that I couldn't with my friends either. Oh! My God! I prayed, please teach me how to lie. Wait a minute. God wouldn't help me with that.

"What do you know?"

"I was just cerebrating to go over to Aiden's house to make reparations," Irsia declared.

Why for?

"Well, I'm not gonna apologize. The guy bugs me." Elec was with her usual antipathy attitude toward him.

Slowly, my doubt meter went up. She knew. She knew. That's why she had always resented him. Well, she hated all the guys, but with him, her dislike scale was overboard. Maybe she was trying to protect me from getting my heart broken or she was just too possessive. Um... or maybe both.

"Don't worry, Margo. I'll go talk to him." Irsia assured.

"Okay, what changed?"

"Oh! I thought you knew."

"How am I supposed to know if you don't tell me what it is?"

"Actually, what were you about to tell us?" Elec's voice was laced with a touch of accusation.

"Umm... it's about the party that he went to yesterday." I was trying to keep it to a minimum to know what they know.

"That's what I was talking about," Irsia added.

Elec stretched her hand to show me the picture of Kyle. I got the phone from her to take a good look. Kyle's face was swollen black. I shouldn't have laughed at that, but I did. He deserved it. Period.

"The guy bugs me." Elec repeated as I gave her the phone. We laughed at the picture. "He did what I wanted to do." She laughed going forward and backward. I laughed even more seeing that and I didn't know why it made me laugh out of breath whenever I saw Irsia holding her nonexistent stomach when she laughed.

"You know what, I should forward this to everyone," Elec declared at the last chuckle of her laugh.

At the last strand of my laugh, I asked, "who sent you that picture?" Still gasping and choking.

"Miles," she said, bluntly.

And I wasn't suddenly laughing anymore. "I am sorry I asked."

I didn't know what was so funny about that. Irsia cracked up again and she kept saying sorry as she laughed.

She would laugh, covering her mouth and come to a halt with a sharp gasp; apologize, and then laugh uncontrollably and come to a halt with another sharp gasp and then apologize again. She apologized and laughed four times like that and I lost it and laughed, until Elec gave us a death stare.

Now, that everything was in place, I didn't know if I should tell them about Verena's visit. If I said that, I could disrupt things like the unstable movement of specks in the sunrays. Irsia could get upset again and Elec would love to stir the fire. Ugh... it was difficult. I hard swallowed all the build-ups and I began.

"I wanna tell you something else too."

"What?" Elec had her neck bent down into her phone but raised her eyes.

"Promise me that you won't go back to hating Aiden." I looked at Irsia.

"I never hated him. I was just angry."