17. THERE IS DISBELIEF

CHAPTER 17

THERE IS DISBELIEF

❤❤

I walked out feeling the weightless drops hitting the ground getting heavier by the second. I wore my raincoat, tied my hands against my chest as a natural reaction to the cold, and I ran home. Woah! I defeated the rain. I wanted to talk to Aiden to hear the full story. As I walked in, I saw my mom and dad in the hallway. I ran upstairs. As I reached my room, the reality hit me that I couldn't call Aiden because I technically didn't have a phone number to call him. I decided to sleep on it.

It was Saturday morning. The morning whispered a breeze in the mellow sunlight. I called Elec from the window to ask her about the essay. She told me that she was going to finish the essay with Irsia because Irsia didn't want to finish the essay anymore with Aiden.

"I've got a juicy picture," she said in a cadence that was toneless.

"Of what?"

"Aiden Wilder."

I stared blankly at the vagueness of this information.

"I warn you. You may not look at him the same way after you see it. You may even decide not to finish the essay with him."

I rolled my eyes and shut the window.

The weather was pretty clear. A breezy, calm morning under a big clarion of a blue sky. Birds were singing and the sun was ablaze. I got ready and informed my parents that I was going to Irsia's house to finish the essay. I lied because my parents didn't like me being involved with boys. Not after what happened with Kyle, not even for school work. Elec was already waiting in her garage.

As she drove, she handed me her phone. It had a picture of Aiden and Fiona. They were sitting next to each other on Kyle's couch. Another picture was captured at a moment when Fiona was leaning in over Aiden. Maybe she tried to kiss him, or maybe they did kiss. Some form of novel animosity toward Fiona's promiscuity formed a root, but what baffled me was the fact that Kyle had posted the pictures on the wretched school page with a caption that addressed Aiden as the Casanova.

Casanova? The word just never made sense to me. That word should be wiped out of the dictionary and from the face of the earth. Why not use the word fornicator? Does the job. Plain. Fits Kyle to a T. What's the purpose of calling a guy Casanova? Pampering his fornicating/soliciting nature is indirectly objectifying women.

Kyle needed a vocabulary lesson. All sorts of lessons, right from how to be a decent human being. He always told me writing poems and stories was not going to take me anywhere high. Well, at least I was not doing things behind anyone's back. I think Kyle took the pictures too. He had a way of making everyone look ugly by taking pictures at really trashy angles.

"Are you sure, you want to finish the essay with him?" She shoved her phone into her denim pocket.

"Elec, I don't care if he likes Fiona. Why is that bothering you and Irsia?"

"I don't care if he likes her or any PSB. I'm just concerned that he went to Kyle's party just after he hurt Irsia and bombing us with that story that you are in danger. I am just concerned that he is being insensitive."

"Shut up, Elec. He isn't insensitive. He's just being a boy." Now, I was defending him. "Can I call him from your phone? I need to inform him that I will be finishing the essay with him."

"You are my protégé, Walker. Boys are insensitive. I can't believe I'm sexually straight."

I laughed hard at her exasperated tone. She joined me with her exquisite laughter. I prayed Aiden wouldn't pick up when I had laughter hiccups.