3. ACADIA HIGH

CHAPTER 3

ACADIA HIGH

❤❤

Margo Fawn's PoV

Fawn Residence

Brookhedge street, Ostonn Newvale town

August, 2040

The pit in my stomach got deeper with the rising darkness of the clouds. I saw through my window that the clouds moved and overlapped over the sky, covering what was left of the orange and yellow rays and the sun stopped fighting too and gave in. The pit in my stomach, though deep, felt freshly dug. It all started when my sick dog, Damon, ran away from home. Though there was no proof that CONMISDUM can happen to animals and that there was hardly any proof that animals made humans contagious, too -my mother's yapping didn't get any better. She kept yelling that the officers were going to come and take us to the CONMISDUM protection facility in Fayhedge town and that they would lock us up like prisoners in separate rooms with nothing but a small window and an opening in the door to give us food. Every time I yelled at her that it was a protection facility and not a mental Asylum, she said I am angry all the time because my dog gave me CONMISDUM. She was scared that one of our neighbors was going to call the CONMISDUM protection center or the cops. Well, no one did. Either everyone was aware and very sure that animals didn't get infected by CONMISDUM or no one made the call because my neighbors were nice enough not to.

As I finished drying my hair, I contemplated on every possible way to avoid the fight with my mother -my house was getting grayer by the minute. It looked like the sky and the air knew something was coming. I, being the one who hated rain, felt very depressed that I needed to talk to someone.

I had my phone propped on the computer table, watching a guy online speculate that CONMISDUM was a grand scheme of the government to hide alien invasion. He explained that saying out loud that aliens are invading our planet could cause a frenzy and that was why the government invented CONMISDUM. He had his own theories that he matched with people gone missing in bunches without a trace of where they had gone.

He hypothesized that the aliens wanted human blood to create cloned aliens who looked just like us. He concluded that sooner or later, we would all be wiped off the face of the earth. It was the wildest of the theories that I had heard about CONMISDUM. CONMISDUM was short for CONtagious MISsing DELirium. The only answer the government could give us was that somehow a mental disease had gotten contagious. I believed what the government said, it wasn't wild. It was plain and straight. I needed that. Plain and straight was what I wanted with everything that was going on around me. I watched these videos just to numb the eerie silence that gluttoned over my thin peace.

I was about to turn off that guy's video with almost a million views, just then, my phone rang.

I picked it up, it was another pervert again. I blocked the number, on the verge of tears. I was scared that Electra would have heard my phone ringing for the tenth time in an hour. I looked out the window. There was no sign of her. If I went downstairs now, I'd have to hear my mother yapping and lamenting. If I didn't go downstairs, I'd die of starvation. I dressed up in a black fleece tights and a cobalt blue plaid top. I tied my hair in a ponytail, applied a hint of lip stain, took my tortoise-printed turquoise raincoat, and my bag. As I descended the stairs, I already felt my mother's stares. Just when the tip of my right big toe touched the floor and before I even planted both my heels firm on the floor, she started.