28. NEVER KISS AND TELL

CHAPTER 28

NEVER KISS AND TELL

❤❤

"Its...its... awesome." I nodded and chirped, trying not look thrown or anything.

I was able to make my voice sound normal but not my face look normal. I knew the look on my face was so stupid. I hurriedly put the notebook in my bag and I shoved the pencil inside my bag. I stood up pushing the chair behind but not enough for me to move away and that made me stamp on my raincoat, which I held so low and I stumbled. He stood up and in one swift movement with pushing the chairs aside, he caught me from hitting my head in the cupboard door which I obviously hadn't closed in curiosity. Well, that must be how the curiosity killed the cat. I wouldn't have got injured if I had hit on the cupboard door but the door wouldn't have held me; eventually would have let me fall on my back. He held me with his hand behind my back and I dropped my bag from my hand as his movement was too swift for me to handle. He raised his free hand above my head to shut the swinging cupboard door behind me.

"Did you really write that for me?" I was still in denial.

He nodded his head in short pulses. "Margo Fawn, I like you. Abysmally." His voice was breathy and throaty, which was a tone I had never heard from him. "And I know you like me too."

"No... I don't." I lied deliberately to see if he had any proof.

"Oh! Really? Why haven't you moved away then?"

"What?" I scoffed as if he was lying.

"If you don't like me, you would have punched me in the face now or would have used your pepper spray on me. If you don't like me, you wouldn't block my thoughts. You would just address those and move on. If you don't like me, you wouldn't react like you experienced a jolt of electricity every time I touch you accidentally."

I wondered how much in detail he had been noticing things about me. "How do you know I blocked thoughts about you?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. Verena Arevalo. That PSB; she told him about me.

"So, I am right?" He was too cocky... too brash. "You have been denying yourself that you don't like me." Beyond overconfident.

I gave him a stare and then looked away from him. He caught me in a lie there. "More like I was blocking your thoughts not to get confused."

"Are you confused now?" He slightly frowned; mischievous.

"Maybe," I muttered, bravely and looked into his eyes.

"Am I confusing you now?" he asked again with that brash smile growing.

"Am I confusing you now?" I think I tried to mock him.

"Margo, you have no idea."

I tried looking for a way out because I was still in denial and I couldn't handle the intensity. He stole the last centimeter between us. This time he was closer to me than usual. One hand was still holding me and I felt his breath as a feather over me. He took his time in removing his hand from my back but he didn't move back and I didn't move either. I realized I was caught in a small space between him in the front - a cupboard behind my back, wall on my left and chairs on my right. Well, now I understood why he told me I looked like I appeared out of a book. He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, sending jolts of goosebumps around my ears which followed down my neck and nape. He brought his hands to my flushed cheeks cupping it. I was too caught up in the moment... maybe more preoccupied with how he moved toward me leaning his tall body in to reach my cheeks... my lips. His lips brushed me slowly and maybe I shivered a little but most of me was frozen by his smell, his chiseled jaw, his beautiful lips and his strong hands were weak over my cheeks. I never realized his eyes were the same color as mine. Brown. He kissed me. Slow and steady but it brought my heart to a burning race. Though my palms rolled into fist, my lips did it all. My eyes were shut but I felt his lips getting sweeter by parting mine more with every movement and for a moment everything got fierce and then he pulled away. Like totally away. I still stood there gasping with tons of thoughts in my head but nothing was too important than knowing why he had pulled away.