24. NO BOYFRIEND = NO PROBLEM!

CHAPTER 24

NO BOYFRIEND = NO PROBLEM!

❤❤

"Who do you think he is crushing on?" Elec rested her cheekbone on her palm, propping herself with her elbow.

"I thought he liked Verena." I sighed.

"We all thought he liked Verena." Irsia giggled. "But it's not her. I am pretty sure it's not Fiona." I sort of wanted to believe that. "I'm positive he just went there to throw punches on Kyle's face." She was zoning out. Irsia was obviously blabbering things as she was sleepy.

"The guy always bugs me. See, he is suspicious. We can't come to a conclusion about whom he likes. The guy is a natural actor. God! All boys are." Elec groaned.

Her phone blinked. I asked, "who is it?"

"Miles. He has texted me a photo of some dog."

"At this hour?" Irsia blurted out.

"I thought you slept," Elec and I.

"I feel like you guys are still an item." I felt sorry for her. Every time his name popped up on the screen, I could see that she was hurting.

Her wry laughter had heartache. "That makes two of us. I'm considering getting new digits."

"Elec, you don't have to. I know you still love him."

"Not for long. I have to let him go, Margo. I am not the one for him. Maybe I am not the one for anybody."

"Shut up, Elec." It was Irsia back from sleep again. Irsia turned, lying on her left, facing me.

"I know you have trust issues. You did open up to Miles once. Maybe he will find someone when he leaves for college but you will too. Just not now," I tried soft pedaling on her heartache to placate her but it came out wrong. "You know, I thought I'd never have any feelings for anyone after Kyle." Oh! No! What did I just say?

"What do you mean?" Irsia asked in her sleepy voice, trying to open her eyes while Elec just looked straight at me. Maybe a little through me. Her head still rested upon her palm; her elbow digging into the bed; tensed; with narrowed eyes.

She knew what was going on. She didn't address it out loud.

"My point is... we'll be fine or we can be like Irsia... No boys... No problems..." I back pedaled.

"Wiseeeeee" Irsia again.

Silence came upon us at about 1AM and we slept. I prayed Elec or Irsia wouldn't take anymore pictures of me sleeping. Well, I had pictures of Elec sleeping with her head hanging down the bed and Irsia sleeping with her mouth open. After all, those were the pictures we used for posting each other's birthday wishes.

We got up around 8AM. Elec said she'll drop Irsia and I left home. Sunday bored me to death. I had nothing to do but watch some old movies on my laptop. The weather forecast for the week was good. There was only a very little chance of rain. Monday and Tuesday, it didn't rain. Not even the slightest bit. Since the weather was nice on Wednesday, Elec and I decided to walk to school. Irsia and Aiden said they would join us. Irsia parked her car at Elec's and we started walking. The road was empty until we reached Brightmaple. I carried the raincoat just in case.

"What's with the raincoat?" Aiden prompted with his luscious brow arched in a sarcastic way.

"Uhhh... just in case." I shrugged. For a brief moment his fingers met mine accidentally and I swiftly moved my hand away.