26. THE NOT SO LOVE POEM

CHAPTER 26

THE NOT SO LOVE POEM

❤❤

When I got into Elec's car, she gave me a weird look. "What?" I asked, pulling the seatbelt.

"What's with the raincoat and the umbrella?" She laughed, "I know you are weird, Walker but this is in another level."

"You never know when it would rain and the umbrella's Aiden's."

"Come on. It isn't going to rain. Look at the sky." She rolled her eyes.

Yeah. She was right. The sky was in the clear. I mean crystal clear and I still carried it with me.

"I am trying to be cautious. I don't want to catch cold again."

She nodded away. I loved her hair down and that white tank top of hers with a long cotton shrug. She was silent. Okay. I admit. I was silent too. That was because I didn't know how to ask her about Miles. I sighed and then she sighed and then I couldn't take it anymore and I asked, "what are you not telling me?"

"Do you think I am going to let you off the hook if you ask me that first?"

"What do you mean?"

"What do you mean what I mean? I mean you are not telling me something, Walker. What is it?" she asked, taking her eyes off the road for a brief second.

Oh God! How could I lie to her? I was thinking jumping out the car would be better. We came to a halt at Irsia's. I took a deep breath and I was about to tell her that I wasn't hiding anything. Technically, she knew what I wasn't telling her. So, that wasn't hiding, right?

"I am not hiding anything if that's what you mean. But what are you not telling me? Have you changed your phone number or something?"

"Not yet." She paused. "Is everything okay with you?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Nothing." She gave me a nice long look running her tongue over her lower lip for swift second and asked, "are you okay finishing the essay with Aiden? I mean we could ask Irsia to finish the essay with him. There is no pressure in that. We could easily lie to Mrs. Moore about partnering with old partners and get away. I'm only saying this because I saw how he lashed out on you at lunch that day...," she dragged.

"We're fine, Elec. Besides how long am I going to avoid him like that. Don't worry. I'm fine."

She nodded assertively. "You are right. Come over after you finish the essay."

We got out the car. I waved her and walked toward Aiden's home. Elec was so worried about me. I wondered if she could read my mind without having to be a PSB. I had a pencil, eraser and two pens and two notebooks in my bag, raincoat and the umbrella in my hand. As I walked through the gates, I found that the door was open. I stepped in cautiously.

I called out, "Mrs. Wilder." No answer. "Mrs. Wilder...." I dragged. I was very unsure if I should just go to his room.

"I thought you were going to finish the essay with me." came Aiden's voice from my left; from above the fleet of stairs. Again, with the mocking. I rolled my eyes and turned to him. There he stood; taller than usual in a burgundy t-shirt. His hair covering his forehead and he ran his fingers through his hair and asked, "are you just gonna stand there?" I realized he must have just come out of the shower.

And I realized that I wasn't replying him. Without responding, I climbed the stairs with my wobbly legs. Something wasn't right. There was some nagging feeling behind my mind. I shook it out. As I reached his room, he walked past me outside his room, slightly brushing me.