35. MOONLIGHT DEATH WISH

CHAPTER 35

MOONLIGHT DEATH WISH

❤❤

When we came at a three-corner road, I knew somewhere near there was the cemetery. I pointed at her running, still very unnatural at a distance in the road that was on the left of us, while Aiden had already sped off on the road straight ahead of us. He had to reverse rapidly and again he took a sharp turn at the left. I hit my head on the window. That road was always deserted and there was only one building that we passed by and it was half constructed, but abandoned.

"Didn't you put your seat belt on?" he bellowed very low at me again, testily. He hadn't too. I didn't answer him as I searched for her. If I concentrated on working on the seat belt, I might lose her.

"Put. the. seat. belt. on.," he pressed every word this time.

"There...," I pointed at her, still running. She was running along the fence of the cemetery and she fell.

As we came to a sudden halt, I was about to hit my head again, but he stretched his hand, pushing me back, dodging me from hitting. He got out of the car in one swift movement and I had to clamber out as I was jarred from all the swift movements. I couldn't see her anywhere. He ran roughly in the direction of where we saw her. I ran behind him. She wasn't anywhere near there. I looked around frantically and I couldn't find her anywhere. The place was muddy. The place she fell had her impression and there were footsteps that led to the place that she fell and after that, there were no footsteps because there were bushes and grass leading to a tall cornfield at a distance. I wondered how fast could she have run that she reached that field in seconds. I sort of saw the cornstalks moving in a wavering way, like someone was running through them. I tried running in that direction, but he snagged me back. It was so easy for him to pull me like that and I was so mad at him. There was no way that he would let me go into the fields and find her.

It was just as I thought. She had just disappeared out of thin air or she became invisible. I stomped back to his car, wiping all the sweat and tears that drenched my face. He came running back in just a very few steps and he held my hand. I wriggled out, showing that I was so mad at him. I had no intentions of getting into his car. I opened the door and took my stuff. Without getting into the driver's seat, he just rushed behind me, knowing that I would march home. He opened the door wide and he slipped me inside the car. Easy and smooth. I knew this would happen and he buckled the seat belt too. I didn't even try to get out of the car, protesting that I won't go with him, because he climbed into the car in two seconds and roared the car again. I didn't talk to him. Not after he stopped me from talking to Desiree.

I only opened my mouth when I had to tell him that I needed to get off at the beginning of my block, near the church. I didn't want my mom or Elec to see me get off his car. It would be too difficult to explain to anyone now. I was not in the mood for that. I stomped to my home without even waving him bye. I knew he would tell Irsia and Irsia to Elec and Elec would definitely call me from her window or she would just come over. I didn't care if they gave me an intervention. I have my own plan and I would execute it no matter what. I charged the torch light I had in my room. I broke into tears as I turned on the shower. Desiree didn't deserve that. So that was how people who got infected by CONSMISDUM looked like...?

As I'd imagined, in a few minutes, Elec called me from her window. "Can you please come over?" she asked in a very concerned tone. "And bring your math notebook."

I took my raincoat and my bag and walked to her home. To my astonishment, I found Aiden's car outside Elec's home. This was going to be bad. I shook my head and clicked my tongue to the air around me and I entered the house. It was dead silent, with all eyes boring into me.