29. HOW LONG?

CHAPTER 29

HOW LONG?

❤❤

I just had a day with Aiden which unfolded into something beautiful, then had a nap and then I woke up to suddenly everything coming apart. There was still dull light outside and an unusual chillness. So I wasn't afraid like I actually would be if it were dark. But how did she know that the ghost wasn't there anymore at Auroville Villa?

"How does she know that?"

"She says some weird stories, Margo. Just block your thoughts of the ghost and stay away from the dark. Leave a light on in your room."

"Sure," I assured as I started to feel my body temperature rising. It was as if my body had its own weather now.

His voice now very anxious. "She says she needs to talk to you in person - "

"Aiden, put her on the phone."

"Margo?" She asked all skeptical. "Is this you?"

"Yeah..." It was weird. Maybe she thought I was possessed or something. "This is me. Don't fret. I am not possessed or anything."

"I want proof."

"O.... kay....," I drawled. "Like what?"

"Can you meet me?"

"Now?"

"Is there something immediate than now?"

"Not a chance, Verena. I just came home from Aiden's this afternoon. My mom would roast me alive if I say that I am going out again."

"Stop acting," she bellowed.

Oh God! How was I supposed to prove her that I am not possessed? Wait, No. The right question would be, how do I prove her that I am I?

"Verena... I can't meet you now. Put Aiden on the phone," I urged.

There was a ruffling phone noise for a brief second before Aiden took over. "Margo..." Aiden's voice was low with concern brimming now, which was completely unnecessary.

"I can't come out now and we certainly can't meet at Elec's house either. She is at her uncle's."

"Is there any possibility that we could meet at your house?"

"Aiden, are you kidding me? My mom would kill me. She has never met both of you. I can't imagine bringing a boy to my home and let alone a PSB."

"Okay..." He sighed. "Can we please meet tomorrow?"

"Calm down. We will meet tomorrow and ask the PSB to calm down." He chuckled. I continued, "she just sounded like she got ready for an exorcism or something." He laughed again. "Aiden, stop enjoying this so much," I whined.

"Verena, it's definitely Margo." I could still hear his smile.

The rest of the evening was an agony. I shut my window at 7pm. I couldn't imagine a ghost running loose on the streets to find someone to possess. I turned on a torch light and put it under my bed. Elec was in the clear, as she wasn't near here anywhere, but Irsia might get in trouble. Maybe Elec could too. What if I had underestimated the power of the ghost? I called them both and informed them about what had happened. Elec seemed to be in some loud place. Maybe she went shopping. Irsia was at her home. I warned her to keep her window shut and not to go look for anything. I even had to threaten her, saying that if she couldn't contain her curiosity, she'd end up in the dark somewhere. That worked. Um... okay... I saved everyone, but what about my own thoughts?