34. DESIREE

CHAPTER 33

DESIREE

❤❤

That evening, when mom and dad came home, I brushed past them outside, informing them that I was going to Elec's home. Elec had just come home, too, and she called me from her window. As I brushed past my mom and dad, I realized both of them hadn't said a word to me. They didn't even nod their heads. So this was how it was going to be. That's a great progress -I thought to myself, swinging my raincoat over my shoulder. Her room door was open. I saw her untangling her hair with her hairbrush, which seemed to have stuck in her tawny locks.

"Need any help?"

"No, I got it" and she yanked the hairbrush, it came off in a sudden jerk and fell. She groaned all exhausted.

I took it and brushed her hair. "Sit straight," I commanded. It was too tangled that I couldn't untangle with the hairbrush straight away. "I'm going to use my fingers to untangle first and then we could use the hairbrush."

She nodded. "But slowly...

"What did you do to get your hair in knots?"

"Rolled in the ocean. You'd love the beach house."

"Beach house?"

"Oh! that's where Sean is getting married."

"Your uncle?"

"Yep," she said, flinching in pain as I took a knot out of her hair.

"Did you ask Irsia to come over?" I asked, trying to untangle as delicately as possible.

"I called her on the way home. She said she would come over when she goes for her run, which should be any minute now." She tried to keep her head steady in place as I was tugging the knots free.

"She shouldn't be running alone. It's getting scary."

"She can run fast unlike somebody."

"Still scary, given her curiosity at things and her strive to be miss congeniality."

Elec gave a short laughter. "There... It's done. Let's brush it now." I took the brush. "Did something happen while you were away?" I didn't want to mention Miles' name.

"He didn't call." Her voice was wry.

We were silent until I finished untangling her hair and I plaited it. I knew her hair problems. She and I basically had the same type of hair. Wavy. It was Irsia's that was straight and smooth. The one that would be easier to untangle even if she pruned in the water for hours.

"Anyone here?" came Irsia's voice from downstairs.

"Yep," Elec and I responded.

As she stomped up the stairs in her running clothes, all gleaming in sweat and puffing, Elec gestured her to a chair by the computer table. "Don't sweat on my furniture."

Irsia ignored that. "So? What's the surprise?"

Elec opened her dashing red briefcase and took out a deep sapphire-blue dress and then another one, but green. My jaw dropped at the sight of that beautiful dress.

"You did not," I said, gawking.

"But I did it, Walker." Elec was practically dancing with both dresses in her hands.

"I wish I wasn't sweaty." Irsia cried as she was head-over-heels for the dress. "I can't try it on now," she squealed.

Elec placed both the dresses on her bed. There lied the dress with a sweet-heart neck and it had sparkly embellishments from neck until waist and it looked my size. The emerald green one was definitely for Irsia because she loved that color. Both the dresses were such a sight to look at.