Friable

Friable (adj.) easily broken into pieces or reducing to nothing.

"Pain changes people" - The Joker

"Who are you bringing for the ball?" Constance asked.

"No idea" I answered, not looking up and continuing to write an essay for Transfigurations. We were all sitting in the common room and I wanted to finish all my work for the week so I can be free and do whatever the bloody hell I want.

"Hey. Zara" A voice said. It sounded familiar. I quickly looked up and saw Crabbe. He rubbed the back of his neck and his cheeks were flushed.

"What is it, Crabbe?" Zara threw a gummy candy in her mouth, not looking up at him.

"I-uh" He gulped.

"Spit it out, Crabbe. Before I cut your tongue out" She looked up at him. I snickered at Zara's b*tchy attitude towards others. She's always had a hardcore strong attitiude. She started cursing when she was 12. She's a beautiful girl. Sometimes i think she's more beautiful than me. However she always rejects dates and goes out with boys. And sometimes even girls. She just doesn't love or like anyone. But she's my best friend and I love her personality. Sometimes I get my personality from her. I only act b*tchy when I'm mad, though or feeling sassy.

"Oh- erm- i was thinking if you would want to go to the Founders Ball with m-me" He cleared his throat.

Zara snickered. I can see Constance giving Crabbe a sympathetic look knowing he has no chance. Constance is an innocent angel. But any innocent angel has their secrets I'm sure. She loves Zara as much as I do but she sometimes can't stand her personality.

"My poor, Vincent. As much as I hate to go with you and I still do I'm afraid I would have to decline. I had a problem going out with people. It's nothing personal" She sassed. "Just rub off that fantasy of us from your head and run along and get out of my sight before I avada kedavra your a** away from me myself."

My eyes widened and me and Constance shared a glance. That was even more extreme. Even for Zara. She usually would laugh and just say no as she walked off, add a few comments here and there but today she felt extra moody. Crabbe slowly nodded and put his head down. I saw Goyle crossing his arms laughing but eventually pulling his best friend for a bro-hug.

"Wouldn't you say that was a bit harsh, Zara?" Constance looked at Crabbe as he walked away to the boys dorms.

"No, I would say that was being blunt. I said what I felt. I'm not going to make this illusion of thinking he has a chance" She grumbled and continued eating her last gummies. "Besides i'm in a sh*tty mood."

"Doesn't give you the right-"

"Look Constance, i love you but please shut up" Zara gave her a bit of a pleading look. She's usually not mean like this.

Especially to Constance.

"Zara are you ok?" I raised a brow, putting my quill down.

"I'm fine" She rolled her eyes. I knew she was lying. She does this 'I don't care' eye rolling face when she's not fine. But I knew she would rage at us if I didn't leave it. Anger issues and all.

I sighed and turned my attention back to my work.

An hour has passed. I've finished all my work and I would be proud of myself. I heard the boys talk as they walked in the common room. They ACTUALLY went to practice and are all sweaty.

"That was funny!" Enzo laughed. I look and see the boys play fighting. Though Theo pushed past all of them and stormed to his room. I guess he's mad since Fred and Geroge jinxed his broom. I saw Malfoy quickly leaving like he needed to be somewhere. What is up with boys being so secretive?

"Would you boys stop acting like childish baboons?" Zara shouted to them. They all stopped and separated. Enzo and Blaise came to us.

"Why do you got to be so b*tchy, sister?" Blaise ruffled her hair.

"Why are you an annoying prat?" She slapped him with her notebook.

"Hello, gorgeous" Enzo unknowingly wrapped his arms around me giving me a hug.

"Ew Enzo! You're all sweaty" I tried pushing him away playfully but he didn't let go.

"But you love me," He laughed. I rolled my eyes and just accepted the fate that now I need to go take a shower.

"You boys are disgusting idiots" Zara scoffed and got up. She collected her books and candy wrappers knowing Snape would know it was hers then she would get another detention.

"Where are you going?" Constance asked.

"Anywhere" She answered back and left.

"What's up with her today? I asked, Blaise.

"Mummy dearest wrote a letter today to both of us. Telling us she can't wait for holiday break to start so we can meet her new boyfriend" Blaise rolled his eyes.

That explains a lot.

"No wonder she rejected Crabbe so damn harshly" Constance rolled her legs and closed her book.

"Just leave her be. She'll be fine" Blaise waved off. "I'm heading to take a shower. See you guys tomorrow."

We said our goodbyes. Enzo left too to freshen up. I took a shower as well and got into my pajamas. I wore orange pajamas with pumpkins for this month with a black t-shirt. Zara was already in her bed with a blanket over her head. I didn't want to bother her. Constance got in bed and fell asleep straight away.

I, on the other hand, didn't feel tired. I got out my sketch pad and drew. I should be writing mum or dad for money or a dress for the ball coming up but I didn't want to. And besides I'm sure they will find out for themselves. They are friends with the Weasleys and Grangers surprisingly.

I started drawing shards of glass. Broken pieces of glass. Shading the parts to make it look real. Rubbing off some part I don't like. I then added a part of a face on each side. One one shard was the eye and brows, on another was hair connected. Lips and nose as well. And then when you look at it you see a face reflection of broken glass.

Meaning of a broken girl.

Yay another update. I'm hope ur enjoying so far. Luv u guys <3