Redamancy

Redamancy (n.) the act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full.

"I think we were meant to be...but we did it wrong."

I walked with Draco carelessly in silent as we did our daily night walk as head boy and girl. Draco kept trying to make conversation and I answered a little bit. I don't think I'm mad at him or Mattheo anymore but I'm not letting them off this easy. 

"And I looked up to my father. But the more I grew up the more I realize he isn't the hero I thought he was" Draco sighed, shoving his hands in his pocket's . I chuckled with the ironic thing he wanted to be just like him. 

"When I was little my dad was my superman" I said. 

"I'm sorry, superman?" Draco looked at me confuse. "Is that some sort of wizard?"

I laughed, "No you idiot. It's a superhero with supernatural powers. Like us. We have supernatural powers. But superman is a strong hero who wears underwear."

Draco scrunched his nose with the description, "Muggles are odd."

"Indeed we are my friend" I smirked. I heard owls howling. One shadow flying outside the window. I find it creepy though with their eyes. 

"Amara" Draco said. I flickered my eyes to him. 

"Draco."

"Are we ok now?" He asked. 

I turned my head straight, "Why wouldn't we?"

"With the whole not telling you bit" He expressed. 

I chuckled, "Yeah, we're good."

"Is Riddle forgiven too?" Draco asked. 

"Why?" My brow raised with a grin. "Your little project making you best mates now?"

Draco scoffed, "Hell no."

"I have to still talk to Mattheo. We were planning on going to his manor last week when his father wasn't there but that didn't work out" I sighed. 

"Just be careful, Amara. Who knows what could happen" Draco warned, putting his arm around his friends shoulder. Amara nodded and did the same. 

"I know."

***

"Zara, Amara" Constance called from the corridor. Me and Zara who was discussing about the project and a little about Lucille's little show last week tuned around to meet Constance. She has a wide bright smile on her face as she came towards us. 

"What's up, Con?" I smiled. 

"Why do you look happy?" Zara didn't greet her. Zara has been in a grumpy mood for a while. Chase and her just got along but she's getting a little insecure that he's getting bored. They haven't talked in a while and he never asked her to be his girlfriend. 

I always thought Zara would be the one who would do that kind of move. She has the personality and all. Bold and blunt as well. I guess she wants to experience the guy asking her out and her actually saying yes. 

"I have exquisite news! Terrific. Amazing whatever word you can think of" She clapped her hands. With the dim sunlight through the window a sparkle came from her ring finger. I look at her ring finger and saw a small but beautiful diamond ring. 

"Mother of f*cks" Zara's expressed, "It's a engagement ring."

"Constance Nott are you getting married!" I squealed. My heart raced fast with the thrill.