Petichor

Petrichor (n.) the smell of earth after the rain.

"Raindrops in thunderstorms are just tears from someone to kept them hidden for so long."

"Chase, give me that back!" I shouted at him as I chased him around the common room. He laughed as he hopped over couches and tables. Having students get annoyed and irritated as much as me. Cleaning their books away when he jumps over the table.

I got my wand out, "Petrificus Totalus."

Chase suddenly froze with one leg up and one leg holding his whole body. The only part I did not freeze is his hand with my book. I walked over and grabbed it back. He struggled to keep it in his gasp.

"Hmhm" I said, proudly. "Oh you seem to be uneven. Here let me help" He muffled in panic and I lightly pushed his statue body. He then fell on his side muffling screams. The ice broke and spread everywhere. Shattering on the floor.

"Oh, must've been a mistake" I chuckled as I walked back to the couches. Blaise and everyone started laughing and so was I. Chase groaned as he got up.

"Mate, you should've seen yourself. You were like," Blaise got up and passed the same way Chase froze. We all burst out laughing. Chase failed to keep that little grin off his face. He rubbed his a** from the fall.

"Awe it's your little bottom sore?" Zara fake pouted.

"Yes" He answered as he walked to us, "It's not as fat as yours." Zara's smile dropped. She got up and easily kicked Chase where the sun didn't shine. He instantly fell to the floor groaning in pain even more.

"Say an insult to me again and you won't be able to breathe next time" She threatened. We all looked at her impressed. The girl may have anger issues and a temper but she's really badass.

"Why am I being attacked today by lunatic girls?" He whined. I rolled my eyes and we all chuckled as we settled back.

"Amara, can you tell me the answer to number eight?" Blaise tried looking over my paper.

"Like hell I'm doing that. Find it yourself" I chuckled, pulling back my paper.

"Come on now. You're a clever clogs. And have the write answers" Blaise pleaded.

"Give it up Blaise. You know she doesn't share her answers. Only 'helps'. Pfff, some kind of friend" Zara shook her head as she wrote. They laughed as I rolled my eyes.

Lorenzo's POV

I walked down the stairs heading to the common room to see my friends. Honestly a lot has been on my mind. My mum, who unfortunately escaped from Azkaban a while back and is hiding in the Malfoy manor, wrote me a letter. Asking me if Draco has completed the task. Then she's telling me how she's disappointed that Voldy didn't pick me yet to be a death eater. I hate everything in my family. My mother, my father, this death eater's crap.

Mumsy and Draco are the only people in my family who i do not hate. Throughout my life I've watched my mother tortue innocent people. People like Frank and Alice Longbottom. I saw their faces when my mother took the light out of their eyes with the torture curse. Telling me they are bad people and filling my head with ill ideas. My father sat back and watch with pleasure.

Then there was Lucius. What he did to me and Draco when we were fourteen scared me for life. Something I will never forget in my life. I loathed him as much as my parents.

Draco is my cousin who has been there for me. It was only this year during summer me and Mumsy told him. Since he found out Bellatrix was my mother. I feel like something wasn't right with my family. Bloody hell of course there was something wrong with my family.