Poiesis

Poiesis (n.) creation; creative power or ability.

"I had the power to forget. And that's what I did. I let go. I forgot."

Lorenzo's POV

I slammed the door behind me but someone stopped it before it made a bang. I took off my blazer angrily throwing it on the floor not giving two sh*ts.

"Lorenzo stop being so over dramatic" Avalon gave me an irritated tone. How can I be calm? Everything in my world is going wrong! I didn't answer and only threw my wand on my bed. I ran my hand through my hair due to stress and frustration.

Avalon sighed heavily standing there with her heels and head high. I heard the click of her heel when she slowly stepped towards me.

"Lorenzo" Avalon tried to reach for my shoulder but I took my arm away before she can touch me.

"Don't touch me" I spat. I saw the angered face growing on her.

"Don't talk to me like that!" She hissed. "I don't get why you're so mad! This is just our job! Our duty to the dark lord!"

"It's not mine! I never wanted this life and I never have enjoyed anything we do as f*cking death eater!" I shouted back. She looked shocked with me snapping. But can you blame me?

"You're overreacting" She calmly said, I can see a vein pop on her forehead.

"We just burned a bloody f*cking planes with innocent people!" I snapped. "I'm not overreacting!"

"Hush!" She yelled in a whisper. "If anyone heard you complain they would think you would turn against us. Then the dark lord will kill you."

"Then let him!" I turn my body facing away from me. I closed my eyes, holding my hand behind my head. I opened my eyes and looked out the window. The sun is setting and nightfall is coming.

"I'd rather die than live another day like this" I broke the silence.

"Don't be foolish. I've watched over you to keep you from doing some idiotc things because of your mental brain" Avalon spat. "All because of Amara."

She said the last part in an irritated tone.

"I want those names of the people in that plane" I firmly said. I wanted the names just for comfort. Cause I can't live with myself not knowing how many died and who. I would probably do some civil farwell.

Avalon stepped closer to me and her hand was on my biceps. I didn't move away.

"You can't live with attachments, Lorenzo. Attachments have power. With its power it has control over you. Take that power" She said.

"That's why you're like this. Because you have nothing to lose" I scoffed. I turn to face her. "Without love life is just pathetic."

She walked and stood in front of me again. I didn't look into her eyes nor did I face her. She turned my head making me make eye contact. Her hands rested on my arm rubbing her hands up and down trying to sooth me.

"Then love me, Lorenzo. I will make your life full again. Full of passion and love just like you wanted" She spoke softly. Her eyes moved down to my hand. She held my hand bringin up to her. "Let go of her."

She showed me my finger with a silver ring. A silver ring Amara gave me on Valentine's day. It's a simple ring with our initials carved in on the outside. On the sindie is engraved by a poem. The poem.

'Our love saved us, until the end'.

"Let go of her so we can be happy" She looked at the ring. Then stopped closer looking at me while my eyes were still locked on the ring. I felt tears forming thinking of Amara's smile. "I want us to be happy."