Quondam

Quondam (adj.) belonging to some time long past; once but no longer.

"Grief is the price of love."

-Present time- (Amara's POV)

I need to focus. I've been so distracted that I've lost track of my lessons. After a boring potions class with Slughorn I made my way to the library. And I've completely forgotten that I'm head girl as well. And guess who the head boy is, Draco Malfoy. Brilliant.

I've probably read and bombarded myself with books and studies to keep myself occupied for this past month. I practiced my spells and some potion making while I'm at it as well.

"What do you think of Draco?" Lucille says out of the blue. Me, Con and Zara gave each other glances. Con wouldn't let Lucille out of her sight. She showed her around, introduced her to others and practically became one new friend. I've noticed Zara grew jealous of the girl.

"He's a jerk," I answered. Then I remembered how hurt he was. "However he's alright when you get to know him."

"Since when did you and Malfoy get to know each other?" Zara scoffed. I rolled my eyes as I ran my hands through my hair. In the corner of my eye I saw some Ravenclaw boys looking at us. Specifically me.

"Seems like the boys are taking their chances with you, Amara, '' Lucille chuckled.

"Amara could always catch an eye" Zara nudged my shoulder. I only shook my head.

"Not true" I stayed humble.

"It's so true. Half of the boys asked you to the Yule Ball in fourth year. And many ask to go out with you to Hogsmeade" Con expressed. I rolled my eyes not caring about any other of the boys in school. I'm sure half of them just want one thing.

I can see what my friends are doing. They notice I don't want to talk about Lorenzo anymore so now they're pretending he doesn't exist. And technically now he doesn't.

"You should go with one Ravenclaw boy. They are the best. So smart and hot at the same time" Con giggled.

"You have a boyfriend, Con," I reminded her.

"And? I can talk about boys with or without a boyfriend. I'm not going to cheat on him" She shrugged. One Gryffindor boy looked at Lucille as we passed sne I saw her blush, trying to hide behind her book against her chest.

"But I think if you want to move on give someone a shot, Amara" Con placed a hang on my shoulder. I gave a look to Zara and she only shook her head disapproving.

"Move on? What happened?" Lucille asked, cluelessly.

"Oh" Con looked at Zara. I turned my head away from them feeling the odd tension between us.

"It's not our story to tell," Zara simply said. I felt her hand on my shoulder giving me a secure look and respect. I nodded to her with a small smile on my face.

"But about Draco you would have a tough time figuring it out. He and his life is like a bloody tornado added with a hurricane" I looked at Lucille. The girls chuckled as Lucille nodded.

We all entered the common room and took a seat.

"Con, can you help me with some transfiguration?" Lucille asked Con.

"Of course" Constance beamed.

I leaned back silently and as I wrote my essay for astronomy. A few minutes past and the door to the common room opened. I look up seeing the new boy, Mattheo walk in. He didn't even wear the robes required to wear. Honestly I haven't seen him in any classes.