Orphic

Orphic (adj.) mysterious and entrancing beyond ordinary understanding.

"He looks at her like she's the only star in the sky."

Few Days Later

Amara laid down with her head resting on Mattheo's chest. The pace of his heart beat stayed in her mind knowing how long the next beat would come. Mattheo's fingers tangled in her hair as she traced the exposed x marks in his flesh.

"You know most girls would be irritated seeing these marks" He broke the peaceful silence between them. "Yet again it would be too dark."

Amara gave him a sorrowful look. The stories written on him look most painful. Tragic.

"My mother did that to me" He sighed. "Some when I even smiled, others when I was a disobedient child."

"Mattheo you don't-"

"There is still so much you don't know about me, love" He ignored her and kept talking. "So much chaos on my shoulder follows me."

"And so does mine" Amara said. "Our pain may be different but in the end it's still pain. More or less it's still pain."

Amara turned her head up to face him. Meeting his dark coffee strained eyes, "But no matter, we're both here to listen."

"Indeed we are" Mattheo nodded.

Amara couldn't stop thinking about a blanked face mother. Pointing her wand at a little boy who never knew anything about love. No warmth. No life. A boy crying on the floor just wanting someone to hold him. Something he never got until now.

Amara wrapped her arms closer to him. Letting him know he''s not alone.

"Tell me more about them" Mattheo embraced her affections.

"About who exacly" She mumbled.

"The people you've lost. It might lift a weight from the tornado you have on your shoulder" He answered.

Amara didn't know who to talk about. Her mother. Her father. Lorenzo.

She didn't feel guilty for moving on. Not anymore. She knew in all her heart no one ever in the world would compare to Lorenzo Berkshire. No one would beat his humor, his cheeky smile, loving heart, bubbly personality, recklessness. Nothing in the world.

However letting him go didn't mean she never loved him. She loved him like no other. Which is why it pained her too much. And realizing how she lost herself with his death made her more sorrowful. And now she learned to live with it.

"My boyfriend died. On the day Dumbledore died. Death eaters came stormed the castle. We got warned and tried making it back to the common room. Me and my friend was the only ones left and our friends came looking for us."

"Then when they found us so did they."

Mattheo's jaw clenched hearing how the death eaters found them. Not knowing if they hurt Amara.

"Then one of the death eaters blew a curse on me. L-Lorenzo stepped in the way and everything else was a blurr" She finished. "He died because of me. And so did my parents. All because of who I am."