WA 9 - Nydumm and Portals

Your comments will be highly appreciated.

CHAPTER NINE

NYDUMM AND PORTALS

Anong lugar 'to? I can't take my eyes off the whole place. Sobrang ganda talaga! Everything seems so magical and strange—strange in a way that there are different kinds of plants that I don't even recognize. Nakakamangha na may ganitong lugar pala sa Greacugon.

Parang biglang naglaho ang pagod ko at antok. Nakakaginhawa na mapunta sa ganitong lugar. Dala na rin siguro na sariwa ang hangin na nalalanghap ko.

"Welcome to Nydumm." Rachel—yes, she insisted that I should call her that. Her surname's kind of mouthful though. It's better with first name basis. "Amazing place right?"

This place is so wicked!

Ngayon lang ako nakapunta sa ganitong lugar! I have never experienced going into something so magical like this place... There are different kinds of flowers. Its colors and forms are extravagant... name it! Nandito na ata lahat. And the trees? They have life! Buhay sila at gumagalaw na para bang mga higante.

They're real. Moving and talking!

"So the myths are true." It's not a question. He just stated it. I wasn't born yesterday, so frankly I know what he's talking about! Seeing it this real is another thing. Masyadong nakakamangha.

"They're amazing!" I exclaimed in excitement.

Uryll was about to say something but Rachel butted in, "Yes they are. Dito lang makikita ang mga buhay na punong 'yan... They are called Volq."

"Hindi ba sila under sa isang spell?" I asked. "How long have they've been here?"

She shakes her head, "Some people say that they are... but they are not. Tumubo silang may buhay na." Ngumiti siya sa akin, "Nandito na sila bago pa man ipinanganak ang mga ninuno natin. Walang may alam kung saan sila nanggaling." Sagot niya.

Nahinto kami sa paglalakad.

And now, we are in the middle of the forest. I don't even know where we are exactly heading. Simula nang umalis kami sa Worthwood, sinusundan lang namin si Rachel. Nagpaalam kami ng maayos sa mga kaibigan namin at kay Ynior at wala siyang nabanggit kung saan kami tutuloy. Basta lang kami umalis at panay ang lakad hanggang sa napunta kami sa gubat na 'to.

Inilibot ni Rachel ang tingin sa mga Volq, "Long time ago, they were discovered by our ancestors. At first, hindi sila makapaniwalang gumagalaw at nakakapagsalita ang mga 'to. No one knows how that happened. They just accepted the fact that they are in our nature and they needed protection from any harm. They became our alliance in exchange for their protection to be kept hidden and alive."

"Di ba pwede naman silang lumipat ng lugar o kaya umalis rito kapag may panganib?" Uryll asked this time.

Tumango si Rachel. "Yes, they can." She roams her vision, "But, because of some reasons... Hindi na sila makakaalis sa lugar na 'to. For them, Nydumm is their only home, nothing more and nothing less. They wanted to live here kahit pa may panganib. Mas gugustuhin pa nilang rito malagutan ng hininga kaysa mapaalis sa kinikilala nilang tirahan. They value Nydumm more than any place in this world, Uryll. They are willing to sacrifice in order for them to keep things in order."

May mga ganoon nga siguro. Mas gugustuhing mawala sa mundo kaysa makitang mawalan sila ng bagay na pinahalagahan nila ng matagal na panahon.

Nilibot ko ang tingin sa buong lugar. The leaves are dancing with the rhythm of the wind. The tree branches are swaying like the sea waves and the trunks are bending like an elastic rubber sticks. Cool. I smiled to the realization that this world has many incredible things in different places. All we need is courage to discover everything.