Chapter 12

«Rien n'est aussi lourd qu'un secret»

«Nothing is such a heavy burden as a secret is.»
~~~~

"Now, Xemina, aren't you tired of fucking with me?" He murmured aggressively in my ear.

"Never," I sarcastically smiled.

Julian turned me around abruptly, now holding my hands against the wall. I raised my knee to hit him in his crotch, but he swerved it and spread my legs even further.

"Whatever you up to, I suggest forgetting about it now!"

"I don't take orders from you, sweetheart."

His grips got tighter around my wrist.

"I would have been so stupid not to think a little pest like you wouldn't seek revenge. You sneaked into the parking lot, did you?"

"What parking lot?"

"Don't you dare lie!"

He grabbed my throat, forcing me to look into his eyes.

"And I would have been so stupid not to know that you paid someone to follow me. How low could you be?" I spat on his face.

He was so close to me; his breath was crashing on my face. His heart was beating fast; he was angry.

"As low that you are for paying Nick 10k to break into my company's database."

"Your company? You are already claiming. I guess if I want to find out your dirty little secret, I needed to make sacrifices."

Using his words against him was satisfying. I loved seeing him getting frustrated, his accent changed, and his eyes darkened.

"There's is no secret for you. You are digging into a matter that does not concern you."

"This is not what I overheard, a secret that can destroy you? That matters to me. A. Lot"

"You made my destruction your top priority, so yours as mine. I will make sure if I am sinking, you're sinking with me too."

"With what? You have absolutely nothing against me even to try to sabotage me."

"I guess there are a lot we need to learn about each other." He smiled softly, looking me up and down.

"True, and I am taking the first step."

"Already ahead, but I will not stop you. Go ahead and dig that secret out and when you do, trust me, it will destroy you more to know who truly am I."

"I am used to your threats. They don't bother me anymore."

"That wasn't a threat but a warning."

He let my hands go and disappeared in the dark pathway with a cold smile.

I am tired of him walking away from me.

His words frightened me, yet I was craving to find out more. I wanted to know every detail of his life. Of course, he was bluffing about having information about me. That is what he does, intimate you until he ruined you. I wasn't going to get into his trap. He thought saying he had dirt on me would've slowed me down? How pathetic!

_______

The following day, I checked on Nick. He was excellent. It turned out Julian send two other students to scare him, and in the process, they broke his glasses. He was sorry that he told them about my little investigation, so he thought. I was proud I didn't tell him the whole truth. That would have been ravaging.