Chapter 20 - Agea's POV

Warning ⚠️ This chapter contains heavy subjects and might be sensitive to some people. Viewer discretion is advised.

~~~~~

One thing about life, nothing was eternal. No matter what empire you built. How you lived, how you inspired people around you or not. Whether you were good or evil, whether you were selfish or generous, people will always hurt you. Who would have thought? I, Agea Stanford, will be the one passing my nights crying, begging for my pain to go away. I thought I had it. I built a realm, and I had respect. I closed my heart. I shaped myself to follow a goal. Everything collapsed.

I didn't care about how people saw me as a selfish brat. I didn't care about what anyone said. I was in it for myself only.

But it only needed one incident to change my point of view.

I fell in love with Shawn after Julian broke up with me. It was mutual, he was going away, and I needed someone besides me to stay on top of my grind. When he approached me, I fell under his charms. One led to another; I opened my heart to him. The things popularity can make you do. If the envy didn't blind me to be better than Xemina, I would have never dated him until I fell in love. I was only someone because of Julian; it was like a drug, I got addicted and wanted more, so I thought Shawn would be enough.

I struggled to get out of bed, and for the first time in a week, I took a shower. Julian was coming back during lunchtime, and I didn't want him to see me like that. It was time to retire the sweatpants and brought back my formal style.

I felt better about myself, and that was graceful because of Xemina. She opened my eyes yesterday, I needed to change, and changes don't happen overnight. Our conversation was the first step, I was deeply guilty of bullying her, and I was sincerely sorry about it. We shared the same story, and if I only listened to her, I wouldn't be in this mess. I was so stupid and a cunt.

I left my cabin, and all eyes were on me but no whispering. I swallowed my saliva and walked to the parking lot under the heavy stares.

Two black cars entered the parking lot. Four suited men got out of the first vehicle with Julian's luggage. He came out of the second car with his bodyguards. He looked hotter than ever when he dressed formally. The fully dark-haired man smirked and hugged me.

"Now, that is a face I didn't want to see." He joked, squeezing me in his massive arms tight.

"If you didn't want to see me, then why did you call?"

"Mhh, you know," He grimaced, " I missed you" he smiled.

"And I did not miss you at all." I poked him.

"You are sure? Cause you looked like a train wreck you?"

My smile disappeared; for a moment, I forgot my sufferance. He stared intensely at me and his eyebrows drawn up in the inner corners.

"You're troubled. You want to talk about it?"

I weakly nodded.

"Okay, wait for me inside. I have to talk to them." He pointed at the men waiting for him.

I listened to him and sat on his bed, waiting. I heard his steps approached; he entered and closed the door.

"Ahh fuck, it's cold." He grumbled.

He started taking off his clothes, uncared of my presence. I couldn't help to notice how much my Julian has changed. Now torso nude, he was looking for something to wear. He was way bigger and taller than a year ago. Tattoos covered his body, except his right arm. They were all different sizes and distinctive. I could count nine to twelve on his chest. He had healed wounds on his abdomen. I didn't question how he got them because I knew if he wanted to talk about it, he would've and I didn't want to piss him off. I needed him right now. His body was more muscular and triangular-shaped. No wonder why girls hated me for dating him for two years because he was a premium package, his beauty was magnificent, nothing was hideous about him except his left toe.