Chapter 35

My favorite animal was butterflies. I envied them. An insect that motivated us to unfold our wings and drift into this wondrous world. I was jealous of their carefree. I was envious they could transition into places with their freedom. Such a beautiful animal to represent patience, something I lacked. I loathed dancing in the dark. I thirsted to solve even the impossible. I hated not knowing the unknown. And when I realized I was a fool, then I tried to ignore it. I would go with my day avoiding it because I was a coward. I was weak. I shouldn't be in a place to question what I was feeling. My inside fondled. Sleeplessness weakened my being and forged these haunting but pleasing hallucinations. It was getting out of hand. It sickened me how dirty and perplexing I was. It was unsure if this was another hoax, and it enraged me how hurtful I would be if I went through these horribly fascinating feelings just to get played.

My wings were burning, and I was falling into this man's traps so fast, and that alone irked me. Out of everything I've lost, I missed myself. I missed the old me.

Despite what I was going through, I was focused on doing my classes works. In the last few months, I let drama walk me away from focusing on school. I swore I wouldn't dare to do that again.

Windy and cold as it can be today, it was impossible to sit down outside while snows floated the courtyard. All students were urged to stay inside the dining hall until further notice. When I entered the room, the ambiance was overwhelmingly loud. Everyone was talking over each other, impossible to distinguish one conversation. They were sitting and standing everywhere, even on the tables. I found my friends sitting with another group of three boys and two other girls. I joined them, and we started talking about the weather, the new trends, and how shitty the year started. They were very friendly and funny.

The door opened, and the final boss appeared with his puppets. He shook his hair to let the snow fell on the ground, and you could hear the gasps and the panties getting wet in the hall. I sighed and rolled my eyes. They were so pathetic.

Julian walked to his table with his friends under the boy's jealous eyes and the girl's drooling mouth. They all wanted a piece of him. He sat in his chair, but instead of facing forward, he turned his feet towards me. I furrowed my eyebrows and made eye contact with him. I refused to lower my eyes. I didn't care if eyes were on us or whispering was rising.

I would not let this boy intimidated me.

He smirked and licked his lips, making my cheeks flame red. He knew what he was doing.
I crossed my legs and my arms, intensifying the staring contest. He laid back on his chair, pushed his hips up, open his leg wider to re-adjust himself. He was using his charm to defeat me, and I would not let it distract me. I competitively leaned on the table and slightly squinted my eyes. He arched an eyebrow, and I arched two. The war was on sight. Fortunately, one of his friends poked and disturbed him. As a reflex, he turned his head, and I won.

I gasped for glory and hit the table, startling my friends. Before they could ask what was going on, the bell rang. I excitedly get off my chair to leave. While we were exiting the hall, he was still sitting down with his homies. I flipped him with both hands when I passed him until I reached the door to rub my victory on his face. He was chuckling and rubbing his forehead. It felt good to gain victory against him once, even if it was a staring contest.

Since it was still snowing so heavily, we were instructed to stay inside the building, causing unbelievable traffic in hallways. I was late to every single class and was fighting my way to the last one.  I checked my phone for the tenth time, and I was six minutes behind. It wasn't a problem since the professors knew about our situation, but it was still annoying. The hallway was packed, and we were moving slowly. I talked to a group of girls to pass the time until we finally made it to our classroom.