Chapter 56

« Sans tentation, il n'y a point de victoire. »

« Where there is no temptation there is no glory. »
~~~~~

Three hours and fifty minutes were how long it took me to remake a dress for this meeting. My hands were shaking. My heart was pounding all morning. I successfully transformed this terrible black, lengthy, floral dress into a skin-tight one with only scissors and a needle. The result was less ugly. I wouldn't even wear that to a funeral, but I had to work with it. I styled it with a black coat and my high heel boots.

I found a way last night to watch Julian's father's interviews. Some of them were restricted by the school district. He seemed very chill and had a sense of humor, but they were Mexicans; they could be strict and probably judge me for my outfit. I had no other choice.

I also dug a little deeper into his family and found about Elvero's French Château. It was a real thing. They had lived in a 43 million dollar palace in Houston for almost three generations. How fucking crazy that was? I read an article; the château was modeled after the Palace of Versailles in France. At the extension of my browser restriction, I found some pictures, and it looked like a museum. So vast and magnificent, it was unbelievable Julian was born and raised there. That wasn't the only thing I found out. The place was packed with surveillance 24/7, and no guests were allowed to stay, except for close friends and family members. Because it was also home to the most expensive valuable family heirloom: a 99 million dollar necklace made with 20 carats of 13 different stones for decades. HOW MORE FUCKING RICH COULD THEY GET? They had a treasure inside their home!!!

A knock on my door made me aware it was time to go.

"Alright, you got this." I breathed.

I couldn't wait to see Julian. It has been a week and a half. That was the longest we have been separated, and nothing could describe how much I missed him. The bland food was killing me. I was craving tacos and fish patty burgers; he was the only one who knew how to satisfy me.

My nerves were flying to the roof when I saw the double towers, Elvero Corp. displayed in gold. Those buildings were magnificent. After verification, security pushed the door, and the warm smell of money and coffee welcomed me. Okay, wow! That was the most lavish, tasteful, and tasteful decor ever. The black and gold finish was more breathtaking in person than the pictures. The lobby was crowded, and everyone was fully working, talking, and clacking their keyboards. Others strode to the elevators with their coffee and folders. That didn't stop them from giving surprised glances. Yep, bitches, who would have thought I would step inside those towers with my securities like I owned this motherfucking land?

I spiraled my ring around my middle finger while searching for every detail in this elevator. Form the finished black and gold marble floor to the mirrored walls. The ceiling was black. The buttons were also black, mate. Concentrating on insignificant things calmed my anxiety.

When the elevator opened, here he was in the hall, with two other men. I recognized his brother; they hadn't seen me yet. For a week and a half, he changed a little bit. His hair was more abundant and curly. He looked so fine with his half-buttoned black and gold jewelry.

He was wearing gold today. Hear me out again. HE WAS FUCKING WEARING GOLD! He went with his family's signature color. GOLD. Would I be wrong to pass out right now? How could someone look so fucking attractive and sexy as hell?

I pushed my bodyguard out of the way and ran straight to him. By reflex, he spotted me, just in time for him to open his arms. I jumped on him, almost knocking us down on the ground.