Chapter 21

"This is such a mistake," I panted. "I feel like I am going to pass out."

"Get your fat ass up! Come on. We only have two rounds left!" Xavier drilled me.

"Just let me die here." I sat on the snow like a sloth. My legs were shaking and freezing. I couldn't feel my ankles, and my thighs were numb.

Who the fuck ran in the winter when it's snowing? Xavier pressured me to exercise. He woke me up at six this morning by yelling at my door. When I refused, he threatened me and gunned me down with a banana. For some unknown reason, he was so energized.

"No! Get your ass up!"

"Go the hell away!"

Imagine opening up your window and saw a skinny gay guy dragging a blue head lazy bitch, she was crawling in the snow for her life, and they were arguing as their life depended on it. That was us. At one point, he grabbed my foot forcefully, the shoe came off, sending him flying in the snow. I profited to run inside at full speed. Before closing the door, he threw himself between the gap. We both were on the floor, huffing, and puffing. We laughed so unrestrainedly and heartily, Xavier had to run to the bathroom.

"We looked so stupid. Did you see how they were looking at us?" I stopped to breathe.

"We're the clown of this place. Without us, this school will be senseless."

"Definitely."

A few minutes later, he left to get ready for class. My body was sore from all this wrestling and running. I wasn't athletic at all. I was grateful for my body. I felt sometimes insecure about my stretch marks, and my little bloated belly. Yet, I learned to love myself. I didn't have any flaws, I was perfect. Despite hating my mother, she did me justice with that small waist, wide hips, and butt. Men loved curvature but didn't accept to love the little extra fat that came with it. Well, I wasn't looking for the validation of men anyway.

Things have been calmer since the fight, except the devil squad that has been divided. I haven't see Shawn all morning. Three days ago, when I saw him all weak and bloody on the floor, it excited me. The relief I felt was so good. He deserved every punch he ate.

My joy rose when after class, all students were outside. Shawn was getting into a black car. He was resisting and yelling slurs. He turned to me, and a smile forged on my face.

"You all going to pay for that," he growled like the dog he was.

I couldn't resist sending him a kiss followed by a middle finger. The gesture made him enrage more, sending me into a witch laugh. I couldn't be happier that he was gone forever. The car left, and the crowd dispersed. I made eye contact with Julian coincidentally. Emotionless as always, he scooped me up and down before entering the building.

When I got into my cabin, I opened a new red wine bottle. I spun in my living room before sipping my fine wine. It felt like the evil and rusty chains snapped. Despite our quarrel, Julian caused it, and I was grateful for that.

I drunk until I fell asleep. Around 2 am, I received a notification. The screen's brightness made my eyes squint to read my new message.

"Building SC, room 8134 in 10 minutes, alone."

Now that was a joke that I will not participate. I watched too many horror movies to go to a random location at 2 am. What if it was a sick prank? Or is someone trying to kill me? How did this person know I was going to respond to his message? My phone could have been on mute, and I could be asleep until morning. Was someone spying on me? I jumped off the bed, causing me to feel dizzy. I realized my lights were still on. That's how the mysterious person knew I was awake. Suspiciously, I asked the person who was.