32. No Harm

Post Date: 05.14.21

Word count: 1.7k

Based off: 03x06 "Bitter Harvest"

A/N: Trigedasleng is bolded

--------------------

Clarke had decided to go back to Polis with Lexa as you and Octavia hung back to dig around Pike's plan. You and Octavia made your way back towards the camp just far enough to see where Monty's mom, Hannah, and a few other men are scouting the area. We watch as they inspect and gather samples from the river.

"We done here?" Hannah asks.

"Ten-meter draw and I'm good," The other man says.

"Pike's detail is still at it," You speak into the earpiece Kane had given you.

"Soil and water samples," Octavia adds.

"Any idea what they're up to?" Kane asks through the earpiece.

"No, but considering how heavily they're armed, I don't think they want anyone to find out," You respond.

"Crap," Octavia says.

"What is it?" Kane asks.

"There's a grounder kid. Hang on," Octavia explains.

"We gotta help him," You say as Hannah takes notice of him.

"Don't be scared," She says.

"We can't let him go. He'll tell his people he saw us," One of the men says.

"Octavia. Y/N. Please respond," Kane says into the radio.

"Hannah," The man says before you see him run back to the forest.

"Fan out. With me," Hannah says as they all chase the kid.

"Octavia, Y/N, are you there?" Kane asks once more as you and Octavia start to chase after them.

"They're going after the kid. We're trying to cut them off," You explain.

Octavia and you split up to make sure that you can find the kid before Pike's detail does. You hide in the bushes until you see him running up. You grab him as fast as you can, covering his mouth to make sure he doesn't make a sound. He struggles against you as you try to get him to keep still.

"Shhhhh," You say quietly, holding him down with all your might. He finally calms down as you hear the bushes rustle from the people going through the forest.

"We lost him," One of the men says from behind the tree you're laying against.

"Double back towards the river. He can't have gotten far," Hannah says. They start to disperse but they're not far enough to let the kid go yet.

All of a sudden you feel a burning sensation on your forehead. You look up to see sap dripping from the tree, it falls on your cheek, burning again. You hold your breath as you can see the figure of a person looking right over you, but they walk away. You let the kid go but before you can say anything he runs away. You get up from your position and look for Octavia.

"Hey," She says running up to you.

"Hey. The kid's safe. I assume he's going back to his village," You explain.

"Good. Kane?" She says into her earpiece.

"I'm here. You two ok?" He asks.

"We're fine," You respond.

"We need to find out what Pike is up to. Right now, whatever it is, they were willing to kill a kid to keep it quiet," Octavia explains.

"We're on it. You two stay safe," Kane responds.