10. Hostage

Post Date: 07.10.20

Word count: 6k

Based off: 01x11 "The Calm" | 01x12 "We are Grounders: Part I"

--------------------

The next morning you and Clarke stand at the perimeter of camp looking out for any grounders. Along with the other kids on watch.

"Anything?" Bellamy asks making his way up to you two.

"No," You respond.

"It's been two days. Maybe the bomb at the bridge scared them off for good." Clarke states.

"You believe that?" You ask looking at Clarke.

"No.They're coming," Clarke responds with a worried look.

"Jasper thinks he can cook up some more gunpowder if he gets some sulfur. And Raven says she can turn that into landmines. So be careful where you step." Bellamy explains as you make your way down the hill you were on.

You stumble a bit as your leg decided to give out, at the same time Bellamy seems to catch you, "You good?"

"Uhh...yeh. My leg just decided to not work," You say.

"You need to keep resting. We don't need you hurting yourself more," He says as you pull yourself out of his arms.

"I'm fine. We need to prep for another attack." You say and continue to make your way down.

"Anyways, what I really need is 1,000 more of her tin can bombs I can roll into their village and blow those grounders to hell," Bellamy states as we make our way through camp.

"You know they're people like us, right? Some of them are innocent," You add.

"Well, that's what they want to do to us," Bellamy states back.

"Can't believe we survived 100 years just so we could slaughter each other. There has to be another way." Clarke says. You had a few choice words to say back but stayed silent.

"Any word from the Ark?" Bellamy asks Clarke.

"Radio Silence," Clarke responds.

"Finally ran out of air," Bellamy States.

"Maybe my mom was lucky. Being on the Exodus ship." Clarke says.

"A quick death," You finish.

"No one is coming down to save us," Clarke says before glaring at Bellamy and you.

You spent a few hours making rounds and checking on the camp stations, "Whoa! Guys! Fire!" You hear some kid yell. You run over to what was the smokehouse, not engulfed in flames. Kids started to yell and run away from the fire as you tried to make your way through the crowd.

You find Bellamy pulling Octavia away from the fire and make your way to the siblings, "Are you ok?" You ask. She lets out a cough before nodding.

"This all your fault. We told you it was too much wood." Murphy says making his way to Del who was standing in front of the smokehouse.

"Get the hell away from me!" Del yells before Murphy punches him.

"Stop!" You yell as you get up to separate the two. Bellamy joins in and helps you.

"Hey, stop! Save it for the grounders." Bellamy says getting between them as you hold Murphy back.

"Well, now what the hell are we gonna do? That was all the food." Octavia states as you let go of Murphy. You, Bellamy and Clarke, look at each other upset that you were in this situation.