01. The Ground

Post Date: 04.06.20

Word count: 2.9k

Based off: 01x01 "Pilot"

--------------------

You were sitting on your bed reading a book that was left to you from your parents. Council member Marcus Kane, visited each month to bring you one as well as try to get to know you better. All of a sudden your cell door opens and two guards walk in.

"Prisoner 445, move to the wall," One of the guards said to you.

"I don't get reviewed for another 2 days," You say moving, not wanting to get shocked.

They stick a silver wristband on your right wrist and start to push you out of your cell. As you are escorted out, you notice all of the teenagers getting moved from their cells. A few doors down from your own you see Abby Griffin with her daughter, talking. You overhear something about the earth but was dragged away before you could hear anymore. The guards take you into a Dropship of some sort and force you into a seat. You watch as all the kids were forced to sit in their seats, a few fighting back.

"Hi! I'm Octavia Blake." The brown-haired girl said as she was sat next to you.

"Y/N Y/L/N. What were you put away for?" You ask her.

Octavia is silent for a bit before she talks, "I was born. You?"

"Stealing extra medicine for my mom when she was sick and assaulting a guard," You respond, even though that was slightly a lie. Soon enough we undocked from the Ark and a video of Chancellor Jaha explaining what's happening appeared on the screens around the Dropship. You look over to see a kid floating around.

"Spacewalk bandit strikes again," A kid somewhere on the ship yells. And many more yelling words of encouragement to the kid known as Finn.

"How are we supposed to survive with this stupidity," You scoff, turning to Octavia. She just shrugs back in response. All of a sudden even louder crashes started coming from the Dropship and then nothing.

"Listen. No machine hum." A kid from behind says. We all start unbuckling from our seats and head down to the lower level. As you're climbing down from the ladder you see Clarke Griffin, Octavia and a tall dark-haired guy in a guard uniform, talking by the door.

"Do you mind? I haven't seen my brother in a year" Octavia states to Clarke. You jump down from the ladder but can't see anything so you push yourself to the front. The next thing you know, Octavia's brother opens the gate, flooding a bright blinding light into the Dropship. Octavia jumps onto the ground, taking a deep breath of the fresh earth air and screams "We're back bitches!" And everyone starts running out of the dropship.

When you imagined earth, you thought of a grey and brown desolate area, not a green paradise. You never imagined in your lifetime that you would be on earth, feeling the warmth of the sunlight on your skin, the grittiness of the dirt under your feet and the wind through your hair. You walked around feeling the plants that scattered the ground, not wanting this feeling of euphoria to end.

"I have never seen anything more beautiful in my entire life, " You say walking up to Clarke. She picks up a map and walks over to a clearing.

"What's up?" You ask following her but getting no response.

"Why so serious, Princess? It's not like we died in a fiery explosion. Y/N." You hear a voice behind you say.

"Try telling that to the two guys who tried to follow you out of their seats" Clarke snaps back.

You just looked at Finn shrugging and began to tune them out and just take in the scenery. When you tune back into their conversation, you hear Clarke mention that we were nowhere near Mount Weather, which is where we were supposed to be dropped.