19. Blood for Blood

Post Date: 10.09.20

Word count: 3.4k

Based off: 02x08 "Spacewalker"

---------------------

After the Commander had set her terms, you and Clarke were escorted back to the camp.

"Hold your fire. They're back," Bellamy yells to the other guards behind the gate.

"Open the gate," Another man says.

"Power up the gate. Secure all access points. Stay ready," A woman says from behind the gates, clearly wary of the Grounders escorting us. As the gates opened you and Clarke made your way back into the camp.

"Are you okay?" Finn asks Clarke, running up to you.

"Shut the gate," You yell to the guards around you.

"You can't be out here," Clarke whispers to Finn as she pulls him away.

"You good?" Bellamy asks as you follow behind them.

"Yeh, I'm fine," You respond catching up to Clarke and her mother.

"What did she say?" Abby asks as people start to gather around us. "Is there a chance for a truce?"

"Yes," You answer softly.

"What's wrong?" Finn asks picking up on yours and Clarke's nervousness.

"They want you," Clarke reveals looking at Finn.

"If we want a truce, we have to give them Finn," You fully explain. Whispers started to fill the air as people may have not fully heard you.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Raven asks.

"That's their offer," Clarke responds.

"That's not an offer," Raven says.

"It's punishment. For what happened at the village. Blood for blood," Finn finishes.

"That's insane," Bellamy says from behind you.

"If we refuse..." Abby says as more and more people start to understand the situation.

"They attack," You whisper just loud enough for only the immediate people to hear.

"I say we give him up!" A man in the crowd yells. From then, more and more people start to agree and yell out similar statements.

"Give him to the grounders," A man says making his way up to us.

"Back off," Raven shoves the man.

"Raven. Raven. Raven. Raven. Raven, listen to me," You say as you pull her back and Bellamy pushes the man back. "Nothing is gonna happen to him. We promise, okay?" I tell her as Clarke comes up to us. She nods in response.

"I'm not dying for him. Spacewalker burned three months of oxygen from the Ark. He should've floated a long time ago. Throw him out," Another man states.

"Back off," Raven says as she throws a punch at the man. Byrne tries to pull her off, but Raven punches her in the face before other guards got ahold of her, dragging her away. The crowd continues to become restless as you and Clarke stand there without a clue of what to do.

Once the crowd had seemed to die down a little you, Clarke and Bellamy head off to find where Finn disappeared to.

"Hey. We're reinforcing our defenses. Doubles on the perimeter. No one's getting past that wire," Bellamy explains assuming that'd make him feel better.

"I'll see where they're thin," Finn responds wanting to help keep the grounders away.

"No. You should head inside. B corridor would be easier to defend, if it comes to that," You explain.