04. The Man Hunt

Post Date: 05.22.20

Word count: 3.9k

Based off: 01x04 "Murphy's Law"

--------------------

You wake up to loud noises outside of your tent before you could even get up, Bellamy Blake walks into your tent, "Knock much?" You ask him, annoyed.

"Ummm... There's not really anything to knock on," He replies with confusion.

"Well, at least ask if I'm awake from outside,"

"Sorry, anyways we're building the wall for the camp. You think you could help with organizing and stuff." He says not really asking.

You get up from your makeshift bed, "Yeh, I'll be out in a moment," You sigh.

You wake yourself up and find some clothes to wear for the day before heading out of your tent. You walk over to Murphy and Bellamy, " So what's the deal today?" You ask.

"This section should be finished tomorrow," Murphy says as he notices someone dropping a tree. "Hey! You think the grounders are just gonna sit around and wait for us to finish the wall?" Murphy says making his way over to the kid. You notice Bellamy's sigh, clearly showing that he doesn't like Murphy's tactics.

"Maybe we should let the little girl do the lifting for you, huh?" Murphy points to Charlotte who is tying some trees together.

"I just need some water, ok? Then I'll be fine," The kid responds.

I walk up to the kid and Murphy with Bellamy, "Murphy, get this guy some water. Hey, you got this?" Murphy walks off and asks Charlotte about the tree. There were a few moments of silence before she rushed down to grab the tree. Bellamy rushes down at about the same pace as Charlotte, "I'm just kidding," He tells her and smiles going back to tying the trees. Bellamy puts the tree over his shoulder and walks off with the other kid holding the other end.

"Hey, Char. How are you doing?" You ask her starting to help her tie the trees.

"Fine," She responds with her typical quiet voice.

"Uhh! What the hell is wrong with you, Murphy?!" You hear the kid from earlier yell as he pushed Murphy. Murphy's henchmen hold him back.

"You wanted a water break." He says looking at the kid. "Get back to work!" He yells to everyone. You walk up to Murphy, "You don't need to be such a dick. If you wear everyone out, there's gonna be no one left to work." You say as he rolls his eyes and walks away.

You walk over to a barrel and grab so water in a makeshift bowl, "Here, don't listen to Murphy. If you have any problems, just come find me." You say and hand the kid the water.

"Uhh...Thanks," He says and takes the water.

You wander around a bit and help some kids around the camp. You also direct where the walls go up as well. You spend some time helping out until Clarke comes up to you, "Hey we got a bit of a situation. We might need your help with this."

"Sure," You respond and follow Clarke into a tent. You find a knife and two fingers on a table along with Bellamy, Octavia, and Jasper in the tent. Clarke inspects the knife, "This knife was made of metal from the dropship." She states.

"What do you mean?" Jasper questions quietly.

"Who else knows about this?" You ask as Bellamy looks over at you like he was about to ask the same thing.

"No one. We brought it straight here." Octavia responds looking up at Bellamy and You.

"It means the grounders didn't kill Wells. It was one of us." Clarke states as you take notice of Bellamy clenching his jaw.