06. First Contact

Post Date: 06.08.20

Word count: 5.6k

Based off: 01x06 "His Sister's Keeper" | 01x07 "Content's Under Pressure"

--------------------

You make your way back to your tent and attempt to sleep, with no luck you decide to walk around a bit. You see Clarke and Bellamy talking and make your way over to them.

"Hey, can't sleep either?" You ask.

"No, knowing that hundreds of people might be dying on the Ark makes it pretty hard to sleep," Clarke says annoyed, more towards Bellamy.

"Raven's flares will work," Bellamy responds.

"Her radio would've worked better," You scoff.

"Have either of you seen Octavia?" Bellamy sternly asks.

"Not since you pissed her off in the forest earlier," You respond to your best ability.

"No. It's Octavia. She's probably chasing butterflies," Clarke says.

"I've checked the camp. She's not here," Bellamy says concerned.

"Maybe she's hiding from you," You say under your breath, both Bellamy and Clarke just glare at you.

"Ok, I'll help find her," Clarke says.

"I'm in too," You agree to help.

"Let's check again. Bellamy, go to the Dropship. Y/N and I will check the rest of the tents," Clarke explains as we begin to walk around the camp.

"Thank you guys," Bellamy says slightly relieved.

"Don't thank me. I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing this for Octavia," Clarke says annoyed as we continue to walk through the camp.

You walk through the camp checking on every tent you come across. You also check other places in the camp in case she was hiding somewhere else. Octavia was nowhere to be found.

"I didn't find her," You say concerned coming back to Clarke and Bellamy.

"Alright, let's gather some more people and we're gonna go out looking for her," Bellamy says and walks off.

You and Clarke, gather some people up as Bellamy goes to grab some weapons, "Hey, everybody, gather around and grab a weapon. My sister's been out there alone for 12 hours. Arm up. We're not coming back without her," The kids begin to grab weapons as you go to grab your favorite from your tent, a knife you made earlier.

"You ready? We're about to head out," Bellamy comes into your tent.

"Uhh, yeh. I just... I don't know what I'd do if anything bad happens to O," You say observing your knife.

"Me either. But if we stall too long, then we won't be able to find her." Bellamy says opening your tent.

"You're right, let's go," You sigh and head out of your tent.

You and Bellamy make you're way back to the group as they stare up into the sky at bright lights, "They didn't work. They didn't see the flares," Raven says coming up behind Clarke and Finn.

"A meteor shower tells you that?" Bellamy asks from beside you.

"It's not a meteor shower, it's a funeral. Hundreds of bodies returned to the earth from the Ark." You point out.

"This is what it looks like from the other side. They didn't get our message," Clarke turns to Raven.

"This is all because of you!" Raven runs up to Bellamy but is held back by Clarke.