21. Strength of Spirit

Post Date: 10.30.20

Word count: 2.2k

Based off: 02x10 "Survival of the Fittest"

--------------------

The next morning you woke up to find Lincoln and Bellamy preparing to leave, "Hey," Bellamy says leaning down to you.

"Hey," You respond getting up. "You ready?" You ask.

"Yeh, we're leaving in 10," He responds as you stand up.

"I'll let you get ready. Just be careful, okay?" You say.

"I will," Bellamy says starting to walk away.

Before you knew it you felt yourself pulling him into a hug. Neither of you said anything and stood there, for what felt like minutes. Soon enough, Bellamy pulled away as he needed to finish preparations. You watched as he and Lincoln walked off into the forest, hoping you'll see him soon. Only a few minutes the rest of your group pack up and head back to Camp Jaha.

After you settle back into camp, Kane tells you to go into the meeting room to wait for the grounders to arrive to talk about the war strategies. You reluctantly listen to him and go to wait. You stand next to Octavia as we waited for the grounder troops to arrive. Once they walked in you could feel the tension and the uneasiness between your people and the grounders.

"Quiet down," Kane says as he enters the room, and then gestures for Indra to walk further into the room.

"Don't worry. My shock baton's got your guys back," The guard next to Octavia and you says.

"How about you stick it up your ass instead?" Octavia says back.

"I know we don't have a lot in common. But we do have a common enemy...and a common goal. And for us to reach it, to get our people out of Mount Weather...we need to work together," Kane says before speaking some words in the grounder language. "Our survival depends on you sharing your knowledge of this world," Kane continues before you notice Murphy shoving a grounder. Catching everyones attention in the room.

"Mr. Murphy. Apologize to that man," Kane says.

"For what?" Murphy asks. "He was the pne who came at me," Murphy says.

"Two days work detail," Kane syas.

"Work detail? I just told you I didnt--"

"Care to make it three?" Kane interrupts and Murphy thankfully walked away yet the grounder kept speaking to him. Murphy could handle it and threw a punch at the grounder causing a fight to break out through the entire room. You and Octavia quickly worked to try to break it apart but it didn't seem to work.

Soon enough you were able to settle the fight. Since Kanes little spiel didn;t seem to work every cleared out and the grounders went to train outside.

"Impressive...aren't they?" Kane says to you and Octavia as you two walked up to watch the fights. Octavia had that same look in her eyes as you did, that you wanted to fight and train like them. "What doesn't kill them...makes them stronger," Kane says.

"I am," Octavia walks to Indra after she says something in her language. You assume she asked whos next.

"We're supposed to train together. Right?" You ask following her and standing next to Octavia. You knew you wanted to get in there just as bad as Octavia.

"Only warriors train here," Indra says coldly.

"I saved your life," Octavia says looking at Indra.

"And now i'm saving yours. Both of yours," Indra says before speaking to her people. Octavia walked off clearly upset that Indra wouldn't let her fight. You noticed as Kane made rounds to the guards shooting guns and decided to watch them. Kane tried to offer a grounder to shoot a gun before Indra interfered.