05. Red Rockets

Post Date: 05.29.20

Word count: 2.1k

Based off: 01x05 "Twilight's Last Gleaming"

--------------------

You were about to go to sleep when you heard shouts from outside your tent. Curious about what got everyone so excited, you make your way outside. You greet Octavia and a shirtless Bellamy outside of your tents, "There!" Octavia points to the sky at something with a parachute on it.

"They're coming to help us. Now we can kick some grounder ass." Jones says confidently while others around us agree.

"Please tell me they brought down some shampoo," Roma says from beside Bellamy.

The other kids around us dispersed while Bellamy, Octavia, and I go to talk about the pod that fell out of the sky. Octavia and I walk into a tent while a kid explains where the pod possibly landed to Bellamy.

"We should get moving. Everyone's ready." Octavia adds.

"No one's going anywhere. Not while it's dark. It isn't safe." Bellamy rebuttals.

"We'll head out at first light. Pass the word." Bellamy decides for us and the three other kids make their way out of the tent.

"Everyone for 100 miles saw this thing come down. What if the grounders get to it first? Bell, we should go now." Octavia stops her older brother.

"I said we wait until sunrise." Bellamy sternly responds before heading out again.

"I'm sorry Bellamy. But I agree with O on this one. If we don't go now, we could lose the chance to get the help or supplies that might be in that pod." You stop him from continuing. He only responds with the same thing he said to Octavia and makes his way outside.

You and Octavia make your way back to your tents. You were about to go back to sleep when Octavia bursts in, "Y/N, I saw Bellamy take off. I'm gonna go find him. Wanna come?" She asks you. You don't respond and grab your jacket following Octavia out of your tent.

You and Octavia run through the woods in the direction she saw him go. The sun starts to come up as you finally catch up to him, "Bellamy! What are you doing?" Octavia asks as you guys make your way to him.

"Go back to camp guys. It isn't safe." He responds.

"You lied to everyone." You say catching your breath.

"You lied to me. You just want whatever's in that pod." Octavia adds.

"Just go home!" Bellamy shoves his little sister.

"What the hell Bellamy? What's your problem?" You ask.

"You too Y/N."

"You always want to play the big brother, huh? Well, guess what? Joke's on me. You're just a selfish dick," Octavia walks back up to Bellamy as you step back not wanting to get between the siblings.

"I did this for you, to protect you. If the Ark finds out we're alive, they'll come down. And when they do, I'm dead," Bellamy says. You look at him confused as he looks from Octavia to you.

"What did you do?" Octavia asks.

"I shot him." Bellamy states.

"Shot who?" You ask making your way back up to the siblings.

"I shot Jaha," Bellamy confesses.

"What?" Octavia whispers just loud enough for us to hear.

"I found out they were sending you to earth. I couldn't let you go alone. Someone came to me with a deal-- Do this. Kill him, and they'd get me on the dropship. And I did it." Bellamy explains.