23. Through the Vents

Post Date: 12.25.20

Word count: 980

Based off: 02x12 "Rubicon"

--------------------

The next morning you head into the workshop with Clarke.

"Has he checked in yet?" You ask Raven.

"No. Worried someones gonna take a shot at you inside the Ark?" Raven asks noticing Clarkes bodyguard.

"Wait outside, Rider," Clarke says turning to the grounder. "Lexa's orders," Clarke explains.

"Whatever, Clarke," Raven says.

"He's late. What if something happened to him?" Clarke asks as you wonder the same thing.

"He'll be fine," Raven reassures.

"You've been busy. Why are you focusing on the dam?" You ask noticing all the blueprints.

"I told you acid fog was our priority," Clarke says.

"Until Bellamy gets eyes on their dispersal system there's only so much I can do," Raven says.

"Fine. Tell us about the dam. Can we cut off their power?" Clarke says.

"Maybe. I'm still playing with a few things," Raven says before Clarke sets off a sound resonator.

"How many of these have you made?" Clarke asks.

"Only two so far, but--," Raven starts.

"Two? That's not enough. There'll be reapers everywhere," Clarke says setting down the device annoyed.

"Hi-frequency generators don't grow on tree's, Clarke. Wick is scrounging for parts," Raven says.

"Clarke she's trying her best with what we have, alright?" You say.

"Raven, I am about to leave for Tondc where Lexa and the heads of all 12 grounder clans are waiting for me to tell them we're a go. Only we're not a go, because they have still acid fog and we only have two tone generators," Clarke says clearly stressed.

"Hey, we'll be ready. We will," Raven assures. You wish you could be as optimistic as Raven but when you're waiting to wage war, you just can't.

"Work station, do you read me? Anybody there?" Bellamy says over the radio.

"Bellamy you're late. Every three hours means every three hours," Clarke says.

"Are you through?" Bellamy asks.

"Have you found the source of the acid fog?" Clarke asks.

"No, that's gonna have to wait," Bellamy says.

"What? No. Nothing is more important than that," Clarke says.

"Our friends are. They've started taking them from the dorm one at a time, every few hours," Bellamy explains.

"Taking them where?" You ask.

"I don't know. We tried to follow them but they went to a classified level. Maya borrowed the schematics of the vent systems from her boss and we're still trying to find a way in," Bellamy says. Maya explains that she hadn't found anything and Raven tells us that he's going to be able to talk to us whenever.

"Bellamy, you have to find them," Clarke says.

"That's the plan," He says.

"If you don't, all of this is for nothing," Clarke says before heading out of the room.

"I though you were going to Tondc," Raven says but gets no response from Clarke. You stayed with Raven as you helped figure out where Bellamy needed to go.

"Ok, so tell us where you're at now," You say into the radio.

"I'm at an intersection. Which way?" Bellamy asks.

"He just passes the air filtration system on this floor which puts him about here," Raven explains and points to the spot on the board.

"Bellamy, we think you're close. The lab should be up ahead," You say to Bellamy.

"Any chance you can be more specific?" He asks as you, Clarke, and Raven try to figure out what he means. "Nevermind, I got this," He says before you could reply. The next thing you hear is a drilling like moice over the radio.

"Is that a drill?" Raven asks.

"Bone marrow extraction," Clarke says. You listen to the people you can hear from Bellamy's radio and you realize it's Emerson.

"Please tell me you heard all that," Bellamy says after leaving the space.

"We heard it," You say.

"We have to warn them," Raven says.

"Did Kane take a radio?" Clarke asks.

"No, this is the only unjammed frequency. We have to keep it open for Bellamy," Raven says.

"If I leave now, I can make it there in time," Clarke says.

"In time to be blown up, you mean," You comment.

"When I get back, I wanna know our friends are safe and the acid fog is down. Can you handle that?" Clarke says.

"Yeah, we can handle it. Go," Raven says.

"I'll stay back and help. Be safe Clarke," You say.

"Clarke, wait. Octavia was in Tondc when I left. Is she...?" Bellamy says.

"She's here. She's safe," Clarke responds.

"Ok, good. You be safe too," Bellamy responds.

"I will," Clarke says.

"Octavia's in Tondc for the meeting. Why did you lie?" You ask.

"Bellamy can't be distracted. It helps no one," Clarke says before heading off.

"Hey," Raven says before pulling Clarke into a hug. "Don't get blown up," You hug Clarke as well before she heads up.

A few hours after helping Raven you checked in with Bellamy. "Talk to us. What do you see?" You ask Bellamy.

"Close your eyes, imagine a bottomless pit," Bellamy says.

"Just stick with it. According to Dante's coordinates, you're almost there," Raven says.

"What's happening on your end? Did they evacuated Tondc?" He asks.

"Don't know yet. But it's Clarke. She'll get it done," You say.

"Just concentrate on squeezing your ass through the vents. Stop worrying about your sister," Raven says.

"Octavia's in Tondc. She's there? Raven, Y/N," Bellamy asks.

"She's gonna be okay," You say.

"Clarke fired out of here. She's gonna get there in time," Raven adds.

"How could you both keep this from me?" He asks.

"Clarke was trying to protect you. Listen you still have a job to do. I know you;re worried about Octavia, but you have to focus," Raven says.

"She's strong and smart, Bellamy," You add.

"Let's just get this done," Bellamy says.

You continued to help Raven to get Bellamny to Dante's coordinates.

A/N: I know this part is hella short, but i want to keep one episode per part. I will be skipping the next ep since Y/N isn't in Tondc and that pretty much the entire ep. Thanks for reading adn Merry Christmas!