Greetings

• • • ▫ ▢ ▫ • • •

• • • ▫ ▢ ▫ • • •

It did not take a long time for Yoongi to settle in his new home.

The place was furnished by the time he purchased it. The only thing he needed to make a difference is his home studio. And his bedroom.

He was not too particular about the interior design of the house. It was a temporary stay for him anyways, before he gets to move into his new apartment.

It was currently under renovation now, a few things being changed to his liking, and he was very much excited with the fact that he was finally getting himself a new, bigger – but not too big – space for him to stay.

He had been saving for that very moment, and as soon as he got his chance, he immediately went for it. The best part is that his apartment was just a 10-minute walk away from his work, very much convenient for the alpha.

But since it was under renovation, Yoongi had to stay close to be able to watch how things were going, thus, he got himself a simple apartment, equipped with everything he needed to survive. There were also two bedrooms, in case his best friends sans couple would end up staying over, as they oh so loved to cling to the elder as he was alone.

Yes. Alone.

They meant well, he knows, but it can get annoying whenever they kept rubbing their relationship status in his face. All he can do is sigh, because they were like his younger brothers, despite one of them being his boss. And they were cute.

Min Yoongi was a single alpha.

At first, he was strongly against the idea of having a romantic partner, but he supposes time does change people, and it was not like he was desperate for someone, but having someone would be nice.

Also, watching his two best friends loving each other oh so dearly, fed him hope that maybe, just maybe, if he waited long enough, he would find his special someone.

Not to mention his other two friends, who works with him in the company, were similar. Though he felt there was some tension between them, they still loved each other enough to keep the relationship going.

He was not sure how good the idea was, but whatever.

They were all happy.

And he wants to be happy with someone as well. That is... if he finds that someone.

A knock soon caught his attention, and he went up to the door to check.

"Ah... Min-ssi?"

"Yes."

"I'm Yang Songhun, the owner of this building. I have come over to welcome you."

"Oh- Yang-ssi, please," he says, sidestepping to let the man in.

He looked like he was in his early fifties, his white strands stark against the black ones on the front and the sides around the hairline.

"I won't be here for long," he spoke softly, walking to the living room with Yoongi trailing him. "I hope you enjoy your stay here, even if it's a short while."

"I most definitely will. It looks very comfortable."

"That's great. I was actually ringing your doorbell. But I think it needs fixing since you didn't hear anything."

The moment he said that he had been ringing the bell, Yoongi's face turned to a confused one, as his eyes darted towards the door.

"Don't worry about that. I'll get someone over to fix it soon."

"It's not really much trouble. I don't think I'll have that many visitors anyway. Even if I do, they'll inform me."

"I see..."

"Would you like a drink?" he asked, turning to walk to the kitchen, "I've got some tea for now, I hope that's okay."

"Tea will be great, thank you."

It did not take long for him to brew it. As the water was being prepared, he fixed up some biscuits for the both of them to enjoy.

The old man was at the dining table. Yoongi had noticed that he had a clipboard earlier, so now he just flipping through some papers, a pen in hand.

"I'm just making sure to note down any problems here. I wasn't around for the past two weeks, so I'm just catching up."

Yoongi hummed as he served the tea.

"And- thank you. And so far, the doorbell is the only problem. Is there any problem with the furniture? Shower?..."

"None so far. I did check the moment I got in. all was going good."

"Good, good," the old man mumbles, "Oh- I heard you were making some changes to a room?"

"Yes. I'm making it into a studio."

"A studio?"

"To make music," he gestures, before sipping on his tea.

"Ah, I see. It... won't cause too much noise, would it?"

"Oh- um... no I don't think so..."

"Great."

Mr Yang sighed, leaning back into his seat. He took a sip of his tea.

"Sorry for being a bit invasive there. Last time we had a complaint of this guy who was so noisy. He lived on the other side of the hallway."

"I can assure you I won't be that noisy. I don't like loud noise."

Mr Yang let out a hearty laugh at that, before taking a biscuit to munch on.

"You're gonna enjoy your time here, I guarantee you that," he smiles as he drinks his tea.

"Just so you know, the people here are very nice and welcoming. There are four others on this floor, two on each side. Down the hallway on the right are Kangs. They are siblings, but they apparently hate each other and live separately. So let's keep it that way."

Yoongi smiled at that. They sound like those neighbours who would bicker and complain a lot. Thank god they were on the other side.

"And on this side, at the very end, is Ha-ssi. He's around my age, and is very picky about who he wants to be friendly with. So, best be polite to him," he gestures with a sorry smile.

"And finally, your next-door neighbour, Kim-ssi. He's a lovely young man, but very introverted. He has a friend over sometimes, but that's just about him. Also, he's pregnant-"

Yoongi almost choked on his drink.

"-And very shy. Try to be nice to him."

"I am nice," he unconsciously retorts, earning a guffaw from the old man as he looked away guiltily.

"Of course you are, Min-ssi-"

"Please, just call me Yoongi."

• • • ▫ ▢ ▫ • • •