Late Night Croffles

◦ Bonus ◦

• • • ▫ ▢ ▫ • • •

Hoseok felt the place next to him empty, or maybe it was the lack of the scent of bittersweet chocolate that lulls him into a good night's sleep that got him awake.

He wondered for a moment, staring into the lightly lit room. The other side of the bed was empty, the alpha figured his mate was in the bathroom. But no light nor sound came from that area, so he sat up to look for him.

Namjoon had been feeling a bit off and agitated for a while now. His mate even missed his heat, and it was concerning. The last few times that happened, Namjoon was undergoing so much stress that his body was on edge, too distressed to even allow itself to be vulnerable and be taken care of.

It had worried him when those months lasted.

He hopes that it was not that again.

Joon's father's health has gotten better, so he could come back to work anytime soon. That would certainly lessen the omega's workload, but to think it has pushed him to this point, Hoseok wondered if he ever did a good job providing a safe space for him.

Clearly not, because Namjoon was still-

He heard a muffled crash. It definitely sounded like it came from the kitchen.

He pushed himself off the bed, suddenly noticing the clothes there. His clothes specifically.

Did Namjoon take these to sleep with him? Why do that when the alpha was literally next to him?

He headed out into the hallway, the now lit up kitchen being a guide for him as he walked to assess the situation.

At any moment around this time of the night, he would definitely scream about a thief or some axe murderer, but his mate's distressed scent was quite strong, it only made his alpha agitated, clawing around, wanting to find a way to help its beloved omega.

He peeked into the kitchen, wondering what was happening in there.

Namjoon was moving about in an oversized shirt and sleep shorts, shuffling around sleepily yet anxiously as he moved around with a... is that the waffle machine?

There were items on the counter Hoseok remembers buying. He tried digging through his sleep-deprived brain for what it could be.

Namjoon let out a frustrated growl, one that Hoseok rarely gets to hear because the omega was not the type to get easily angry, nor show off his anger in such ways.

But there he was, glaring and growling at the waffle maker, the pan he tried fixing into the machine tossed angrily to the side.

Hoseok jumped at the sound it made, and felt his break when his omega began sniffling angrily. The scent did no good to his aching heart, and he decided to intervene.