The New Comer Who Is Just A Friend

• • • ▫ ▢ ▫ • • •

"Jimin-ssi?"

The beta raised a finger, a signal to give him a moment as his brows furrowed in concentration. He had the handset of the telephone between his ear and shoulder, his dominant hand furiously writing something down.

A slew of thanks and reassurances later, he placed the phone down, took a second, and sighed.

"Yes? Oh-"

Oh indeed.

It was Mr Hwa.

He raised a finger, at his boss, Mr Hwa.

"Sir- I'm so sorry I was busy-"

The old man let out a hearty chuckle at the way the beta quickly stood up to apologize, holding out a hand to stop him.

"I can see that boy. And I understand how important such calls are."

"Right," he says, patting down his dress shirt, eyes expectant, "...you needed something, sir?"

"Hm? Oh- yes! Oh my, I almost forgot! Me and my dementia," and he let out another hearty laugh.

Jimin did not know if he was in the right position to laugh at something of that topic, though he did let out an awkward chuckle. Then his smile dropped. It is not really good that the CEO has dementia- especially when he is running a bank at its peak-

"I was just joking boy!" the man exclaims, slapping the younger on his back, "I don't have dementia. What I do have, are some broken knees. Seriously, they need to hurry on the elevator."

That got a few chuckles from the other workers surrounding him, Jimin almost forgot they existed. People who work with him on that floor are usually by themselves when they work, so there is not much interaction between them.

"Anyways," the elder booms, pulling Jimin outside of his cubicle and to the staff room nearby. The younger just followed with wide eyes, then quietly watched as the elder fixed them both cups of water.

Jimin accepted his cup with a thank you.

"I uh... I came to check on Seokjin."

Jimin raised a brow.

Just yesterday he bid his farewells to the hyung before the latter left. And he has not seen him today.

"I... don't know? Last I saw him was yesterday, after the meeting. Then he left home."

"Do you not know where he is now?"

He took a moment to ponder.

"With the way you're asking, I assume he's not here..."