The Break

• • • ▫ ▢ ▫ • • •

The congee was heated up and bowled along with the side dishes. Jimin placed the two bowls over a tray to make it easier to be brought into the room, and Jungkook helped with the water bottles. The alpha had tried to feed the omega some protein bars while the food cooked, but the latter was very stubborn, refusing to eat or drink anything.

Jimin just raised a brow at that when the youngest came out of the room sulking.

He sighed, hoping that the congee would regain some of his appetite back.

He entered the room slowly, careful as to not drop anything.

The air in the room has diffused a bit, thanks to the diffuser Jimin had Jungkook fix earlier. It was not as strong as it was before, but the thickness still made the beta's nose clog up.

He wonders how these two were able to stay in such a stuffy room. Even the windows were open.

Tae had been cleaned by Jungkook, wiped down with a warm towel. They probably would end this heat phase with a big bath, then.

He carefully placed the tray onto the nightstand, eyeing at the bundle in a blanket in the middle of the nest, nestled into Jungkook's chest.

"Is he awake?" the beta asked quietly, leaning over the edge, not wanting to enter the nest without permission.

The bundle moved a bit, digging itself deeper into the alpha's hold. Jungkook gave a pout and nod, trying to move the bundle away from him so they could all eat.

"Come one now... I brought food for you..."

He tried coaxing, but he only got a grumble in return from the omega.

He raised a brow, wondering what was causing such an attitude from the younger.

Taehyung peeked out from the blanket then, turning his head over his shoulder to eyes at Jimin, before going back to nuzzling Jungkook.

It seemed like the omega was... mad.

"Taehyungie..." he tried, poking the bundle, which just wiggled away and into Jungkook.

"Omega? Do you not want to eat?" he tried again, trying to sound pitiful. Why was the omega mad in the first place? Did he do something? Was it because he left earlier? Is that why...?

He cleared his throat, glancing at Jungkook who was looking back at him sadly. Yeah... maybe he was mad.

"I'm sorry... omega... I- beta had to make sure everything is okay and ready for the two of you."

Taehyung peeked out then, his eyes less stern as he watched the beta.

Jimin smiled softly at him. "Beta made sure to make some food for you. You know, so you two have energy when you bond."