A Big Gulp Of The Scent Of Earth

• • • ▫ ▢ ▫ • • •

Yoongi's feelings were a mess.

On one hand, he was nervous and worried. His insides were vibrating and his hands were shaking in his pockets.

On another hand, he was quite excited. His omega was going to give birth soon to a son- his son.

My... son...

But there was something else as well...

Yoongi gulped.

It was a mix of those, as he paced and waited outside with the others.

Namjoon had grabbed him then, patting on the space between him and Hoseok.

"You know distressed scents area not good for Joon right?"

Yoongi looked at the omega apologetically. Typical of Hoseok to be so protective, but he does a good job keeping Yoongi in check. Both of them do.

Namjoon just smiled, patting his friend on his back.

"We can smell how distressed you are hyung. But also... I dunno... something tells me it's not only that."

Yoongi just shook his head.

The younger three left to go outside for some fresh air; the whole incident being too much for Jimin who went into a bit of a shock, and like how many would have suspected, his headspace again.

Only it did not act up. He was fine, still in shock, but nothing about his HF.

Which was good. But his two soulmates decided he would need to go out still. A change of scenery to calm his nerves.

It was a good idea, and the trio left as soon as the other three came. Yoongi had helplessly stood before the door that had Seokjin in, with Hoseok holding him back from barging in to see his mate. And according to Joon, they were prepping Jin for his delivery, as it may be coming soon.

If Yoongi was actually his alpha, or the father of his baby, it would make the process much easier. But he was not any of them. Therefore, he was not able to enter, even though he explained to the nurses as they headed in to assist.

So all Yoongi could do... was wait.

"Hyung? You wanna talk about it?"

"I... I dunno..."

"What's wrong? What are you feeling?"

"Confused mainly..."

"Why?"

Yoongi pressed his lips together, formulating a proper sentence in his head.

"The last time he ended up here... I sensed it."