Chapter 110

James's POV

Seven thirty couldn't come quick enough. I didn't have to do much to get ready but fix my hair and put on my tux. Riley on the other hand, probably spent the whole day getting ready.

The drive to Riley's felt like forever. I was dying to see Riley all dressed up. She was beautiful enough without a fancy dress and makeup, but I have a strong feeling that she's going to look just gorgeous tonight.

I fixed my hair in the truck mirror quickly before I got out. I had to look good for Riley too.

I gave a good hard knock on the door and anxiously waited. My leg was shaking and my hands were sweating. The door began to open and a huge smile grew on my face.

Only to be met by Riley's dad.

"Hello James." He greets, smiling slightly.

"Hello sir." I reply. He notices my shaking and chuckles.

"Nervous James?" He asks.

"Just a little." I reply, wiping the sweat from my forehead.

"Come in, Riley's almost ready." He says, beckoning me in. I follow him in.

"Riley! James is here!" Mr Marin calls out.

"Give me a minute!" I hear her yell back. He chuckles and shakes his head.

"As soon as you left this morning, she called every hair salon around looking for an opening to get her hair and makeup done." He explains. I gulp.

"Oh, did she?" I ask.

"Yeah, she did. Paid for it herself too. She just kept saying that she had to look perfect for you." He replies.

"I'm coming!" Riley yells out from upstairs. Mr Marin smiles at me and than we turn to the stairs.

I hear the sound of the stairs creaking, and I just couldn't contain myself. When I finally seen Riley, I began to tear up. She smiles and ducks her head shyly. I have to look away so she won't see me crying, but it's too late. I watch her as she slowly walks closer to me, smiling as I just let the tears run down my face.

"You look incredible." I whisper as I take both her hands in mine.

"Thank you." She whispers back, staring into my eyes.

"Pictures! Pictures!" Mr Marin chuckles, grabbing a disposable camera from a side table.

"Dad..." Riley whines.

"Come on Riley. I want to remember how gorgeous you look." I say, kissing her temple. She looks up and smiles.

"Alright. But you have to stop crying." She teases, reaching up and kissing my cheek.

"I'll try." I reply.

It was a beautiful day earlier and now the sun was starting to set. We headed out into the backyard, somewhere that I hadn't been before. It was surprisingly big, lots of grass and was enclosed in tall trees.

We take lots of pictures. Of us standing side my side. Of us holding hands, our bodies pressed up against each other and staring at the camera. Of my hands on Riley's waist, her arms around my neck and us just smiling at each other. Of us holding hands and just staring at each other. Of us just hugging. Of me kissing Riley's cheek. One where we were holding hands and Riley leaning back. I joked around and scooped Riley up in my arms, and Riley's father managed to get a picture. After every single picture, Riley would always tell me that she loved me.

"How about I get one of you two kissing?" Mr Marin asks slowly. He hadn't really seen us kiss before, except that time when he caught us making out. And once he did allow us kiss, but he turned away before we did. So this was kind of a surprise.