Chapter 88

James's POV

Riley started waking up again. Sighing, I walk over to her and put my hands on her shoulders.

"Riley, I need to leave the room for a minute, but I'll be right back, okay?" I say calmly.

"Okay." She says, swaying back and forth.

"Alright, stay right here, and don't move." I order. I go to Jessica's room, grab a pair of old pyjama shorts, and quickly run back to my room. I grab one of my t shirts and hand them to Riley.

"I'm gonna leave the room, get changed into this." I tell her. She nods, still in a daze and I leave the room. I wait outside for about fifteen minutes before I walk back in, making the assumption that she was changed. Luckily, she was.

"Okay Riley, we're going to get into bed and go to sleep, alright?" I speak slowly as if talking to a young child.

"Okay." She replies before instantly crashing her lips into mine. I push her away.

"No Riley, we're going to bed now." I tell her. She doesn't listen and tries to kiss me again. I push her away roughly.

"Stop it!" I yell at her. Her eyes begins to tear up before she burst into tears.

"God I hate West right now." I mutter before hugging Riley.

"Calm down baby, I'm sorry." I soothe, rubbing her back. "But we need to go to sleep now, okay?"

"Okay." She cries.

"Alright, let's get in the bed." I sigh. I pull back the covers and help her in before getting in myself. I stay awake and watch her until she goes asleep, and than I let myself drift off too.

~~~~~

Riley's POV

I woke up with a terrible headache. I slowly sat up in bed. James's bed. I don't remember falling asleep in his bed. I don't even remember going to James's house.

"Morning." James said at the foot of the bed, already dressed.

"Hi." I say groggily.

"Headache?" He asks. I nod.

"Yeah." I reply. He points to the bedside table, and that's when I see a glass of water and an Advil.

"Thanks." I say, reaching for the water and Advil. He comes over and sits on the bed.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" He asks. I take a sip of water and put the pill in my mouth and swallowed. Then I tried to remember anything from last night again. It came up blank.

"No, why?" I ask. He sighs.

"Well..."