Chapter 46

Riley's POV

The next day carried on like usual. I get up, get ready, James picks me up, we make out in his truck for a bit in the school parking lot, and than we go in the school.

I climbed onto James's lap, wrapping my arms around his neck, and he wraps his arms around me. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Michelle and Stephanie sat by their boyfriends, leaning against them.

"My parents are out this weekend." James says, talking to all of us. "We all should hang out Friday night."

"Yeah, that sounds good." Eldon replies.

"No parties?" West inquires.

"No! Remember what happened last time?" James snaps.

"Yeah, I guess we can cross out that idea." West laughs. James nuzzles his face in my neck.

"You should stay over Friday night too." He whispers.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yeah, why not? It will just be you, and me." He says.

"And your brother." I point out.

"Yeah, and him." James mutters. I laugh a little. James shrugs. "Eh, I'll give him twenty bucks to get him to leave us alone."

"Sounds great." I say.

~~~~~

"Can you come in?" Riley asks me when I drop her off at her house.

"I got to go." I say. She gives me the puppy dog face.

"Please." She begs. I sigh, looking away.

"Don't do that." I say.

"Oh, I found James's weakness, hm?" She teases.

"Ten minutes. I'll come in for ten minutes." I say firmly.

"Let's go!" She says happily.

~~~~~

Riley told me her dad and sister wasn't home, so in an instant, I pushed her up against the wall, crashing my lips into hers. She kissed back even harder.

Ten minutes. That gives us enough time to make out.

But, not even five minutes into our make out session, the door flies open, and in walks Riley's dad. He clears his throat, crosses his arms and taps his foot in a 'I'm waiting for you explain why your lips are attached to my daughter's' kind of way.

"Good evening sir." I say nervously.

"It was." He says dryly.

"Well, I think I'm just going to go now." I laugh awkwardly.

"Yeah, I think you are too." He repeats. In an instant, I'm running out the door as fast as my legs can take me.