Chapter 33

James's POV

Alright, so I made Riley mad. And upset. Way to go James!

I let a frustrated sigh and slammed my locker door shut after taking out my books. At least I have biology first, so than I can apologize to her.

Walking confidently into class with my head held, I take my seat next to Riley, who I'm also partnered up with. She turns her back to me when I sit down.

"You know Ri," I whisper, "You can't ignore me forever."

No answer.

"Well if you're going to be mad at me, than what am I going to tell my parents when I come home without you, huh?" I say jokingly. She whips around to face me.

"Maybe you should tell them you disrespected your girlfriend, so now she's mad at you." She growls at me.

"How did I disrespect you?" I chuckle. She sighs and slumps in her seat.

"I don't like being touched like that, okay? I just don't." She says, her voice becoming quieter. She crosses her arms, looking down.

"I'm sorry, I just assumed. I mean, all the other girls like it." I tell her. Well that was a mistake.

"Oh, so I'm like all the other girls now, am I?" She snaps.

"I didn't say that." I say.

"Yes you did!" She argues.

"Okay, maybe I did, but I didn't mean it like that!" I argue back.

"Than what did you mean?" She inquires. I take a breath to steady myself, choosing my words before I speak them.

"That's just it Riley. You're not like the other girls I dated. And I don't know how to treat a girl as special as you." I tell her. I will admit, I'm kind of sucking up a bit, but I don't want to lose Riley. Well, the bet I mean.

"You're just saying all that." She says quietly.

"Why would I ever lie to you?" I ask with a little chuckle.

Well, this whole relationship is technically a lie.

"I don't know." She mumbles.

"Well if you don't know, than how can you be so sure I would lie to you, huh?" I ask.

Still no reply.

I sigh and lean my head on her shoulder, looking up at her.

"C'mon Riles. You can't stay mad at me." I pout. I start nuzzling her neck, making her giggle. I wrap my arms around her and start tickling her stomach too, maybe her squeal with laughter.

"Oh, that tickles does it?" I ask.

"Yes, now stop!" She squeals. Luckily nobody was in the classroom yet.

"Not until you forgive me!" I laugh.

"Fine, fine, I forgive you!" She laughs. I release her, and let her catch her breath.

"I'll forgive you, but do I again, and I'll break your hand!" She says fiercely. I chuckle.

"You're hot when you're feisty." I say with a smirk. She glares at me, but than softens as she leans over and pecks me on my lips.

"You're such a flirt." She giggles.

"But I'm your flirt." I say.

"Yeah, I suppose you are." She replies.

~~~~~

Me and Riley had English together before lunch, but she said she wanted to drop her books off at her locker, so I told her to meet me down there.

So now, here I am sitting at our usual table with West and Eldon and their girls.

"So anyone heading to the cafe after school?" Stephanie asks.

"Nah, my parents want to meet my new girlfriend." I say causally.

"Oh, who's the lucky victim now?" Michelle asks, rolling her eyes.

Just at the right moment, Riley comes walking towards us.

"Hey." She says sweetly.

"Um, you can't sit here!" Michelle snaps. Surprisingly, Riley sits down next to me with great confidence.

"I think I can." Riley replies with a smirk.

"And what makes you think that?" Michelle inquires. Riley turns to me, grabbing my shirt and pulls me into a rough kiss. She pulls away after ten seconds.

"Wait, so you two are together now?" Stephanie asks, clearly in disbelief. I sling my arm across Riley's shoulders.

"Yup." I reply, grinning.

"James, I have never seem such a player like you." Michelle comments with a straight face.

"Well, that hurt." I reply, pretending to be offended.