Chapter 35

Riley's POV

James and I met up at the end of last period outside the front entrance, and proceeded to walk to his truck together. It was than when we were bothe in the truck, and driving to his house that worry began to take me over.

"Will your parents like me?" I ask James.

"Of course they'll like you Riles." James assures me.

"You don't know that." I mumble.

"Than why did you ask me?" He chuckles.

"I don't know." I shrug. "I guess I'm just nervous."

"There's nothing to be nervous about Ri." He tells me, grasping my hand, giving it a little squeeze.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We drive until we have reached the 'higher' end of town, where the wealthier people live. Which I found odd, because James told me his parents didn't make that much either.

We reach am iron gate, the gates closed. James stops, unrolls the window, and types in what I assume is a code into a small machine by the gate. The gate opens.

"James, where are we going?" I ask. No answer.

"James, we played this little 'surprise' games the other night and I'm not in the mood to go through it again. So tell me where we're going!" I demand.

"You'll see." He sighs. I groan and stare out the window, watching the tall oak trees lining the road go by.

"What road are we even on?" I ask.

"It's not a road. It's a driveway." James tells me. My mouth drops. If this is a driveway, than who's house are we going to.

In the distance, I can see a large house. I'm several more seconds, we were parked right in front of it. It was massive.

"Here we are." James says casually.

"This is your house?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yeah." He sighs.

"Wait. You told me that your parents didn't make much money." I point out.

"Yeah, I kind of lied." He mumbled.

"You lied to me?" I ask, slightly sad, but more angry than anything.

"Well, I told you that on our first date. That was before I realized that I actually liked you like that." He tells me.

"So, you chose not to tell me after you suddenly realized you like me?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, I didn't want to make you feel bad that your family didn't have much money and mine did." He says.

"Wow, thanks." I mutter.

"I'm sorry Riles." He says. "I promise I won't ever lie to you again."

"Fine, lets just go in." I sigh. We get out of the truck and walk up the concrete steps and into the house.