Chapter 85

Riley's POV

There wasn't anything really to watch on tv so we just turned the volume on low and cuddled together and talked.

"One of the guys on the football team are having a party tomorrow night. Do you want to go?" James asks me.

"Do you want to go?" I ask.

"Well, Ashton said that he wants me to go and all, so I think I should. But you don't have to go if you don't want to." He tells me.

"Yeah, I'll come." I reply.

~~~~~

I had to work a shift Saturday morning, but was done by the afternoon, leaving me time to go home and get ready.

I chose a pair of dark skinny jeans, a cream coloured shirt with lacy sleeves and wedges, all of which James bought me. I braided my hair and did light coloured makeup. Then I just had to wait till James got here.

"So, you're going out tonight?" Dad says as I wait. I nod.

"Yeah." I reply.

"Just no drinking, or smoking, or anything like that right?" He inquires.

"Of course dad." I giggle.

"Alright, I trust you." He replies with a wry smile.

~~~~~

Me and James walked into the house, me gripping onto his arm. People were stumbling around and dancing. And of course everyone was drinking.

"Hey man, glad you came!" A guy, who I assume was Ashton, says, walking up to us.

"Hey man." James replies.

"Wanna beer?" Ashton asks. I look at James.

"Uh, yeah sure I'll have one." James replies.

"Alright, be right back." Ashton says, walking over to a cooler. James looks down at me.

"I'll just have one. I promise." He says with a kind, reassuring smile. I smile back and nod.

"Here man." Ashton says as he comes back and hands James an open beer.

"Thanks." James replies, taking a sip. Ashton walks off. I take a look around. Everyone was drinking. Even James was drinking. I felt insecure and pressured. I look up at James and the beer.

"Can I try some?" I ask.