chapter 18: scars

It's 3am and Luciano joined me about an hour ago. We didn't speak, we just sat in a calming silence.

"may 22nd" I look at him and furrow my eyebrows."huh?" Staring into the distance he pauses "may 22nd was the worst I have ever seen my father" oh no ok niki prepare yourself.

"When I was 16,I came upstairs from a working out and my dad was drunk,a full night at a bar drunk." I put my hand on top of his "my mom took the bottle from him it was practically empty he got angry and he started throwing her around" he breathes in "I stepped in and I went straight into a glass coffee table" holy shit he lowers his head "everything hurt and it was after the beating i realized how bad everything was." He's holding back tears.

"My mom spent the next hour pulling glass shards out of my left side" his jaw clenches still staring at the ground "there's scars all over my rib cage and arms because he just kept kicking" he swallows hard. "Why did he keep kicking niki? '' His voice is a whisper and he looks at me unclenching his jaw.

I cup his face "oh my god Luciano" he tries to smile. I am going to strangle his father "i'm going to kill him,like break his windpipe with my bare hands kill him" he looks at me

"can I see them?" I tilt my head "sure" he gives me a small smile but his eyes are filled with sorrow. He takes off his shirt and places it next to him. His left side is exposed and the moonlight illuminates the risen scars on his body. His tattoos fall over some of them "is that why you have so many tattoos?" looking at me he chews the inside of his cheek "yes and no" he smirks but it quickly fades.

"My mom just moved out of the house,she owns an apartment far away from him,the next time he sees her is the next event they have to go to,so she is safe'' I take a hold on his hand and he flinches a bit but relaxes.

Stroking his hand with my thumb he looks at me "what about you,how many other scars do you have?" he tilts his head he's avoiding the conversation,just give him time

"I have quite a bit thanks to my mother" pulling my shorts up i expose my thigh and the messy white scars along my skin "we were training and she took it too far,i brought a knife to a gun fight and she ended up hurting me with it" he goes to touch them but pulls back "ok your turn what other scar are you showing me next" he chuckles a bit.

Angling his head sideways he exposes his neck "it's kind of embarrassing but i got into a bar fight and the guy cut me with a beer bottle" i laugh quietly "your an idiot" he playfully rolls his eyes at me "ok your next" what else do i have

"well i have the two on my back, and the-" he face contorts with confusion "i only know about the one" has he not noticed "i figured you noticed considering its the biggest scar i have,but here ill show u" prepare yourself to tell this story nik

Turing my back to him i take off my hoddie holy fuck i dont have a bra on this just got akward,no it hasent remember who you are just roll like theres no issue straightening out my back i move my hair turing my head slightly i can see hes moved his eyes "dont worry lucaino your not seeing anything useful you can look" he chuckles a bit and i see his head turn "holy shit" his voice is quite.

"Yea i was training at an abandoned construction site and i got thrown into a wall that had metal sticking out of it,it practically split my back open" i feel his fingers run down the long scar on my spine and i lightly gasp "sorry" i laugh a bit "its okay you can touch it"

I move my hair to the other side and his fingers return to my back. He starts running his fingers down my spine stopping before the bottom of my back and making their way back up to right before my neck oh my god he could totally take me right here