chapter 66: polaroids

Wednesday September 8th, 8 hours since the voicemail

i pace back and fourth as a mafia member gives me excuses for his failed attempt at finding luciano "if you can't figure it out just say that so i can put you out of your misery" i take a gun off the table and put it to his head "nicoletta" dad stands next to me "you can go" i roll my eyes.

"he's useless" i walk over to the computer set up and reach security footage from around the apartment building "they could kill him, and if they do i have a back up plan, i always do" this time the backup plan is worse than you would think.

i take my time scanning footage "what if he's back at the church" stefano bursts into the room "it's their headquarters and they know we won't brave to get in because of the police" i tap against the screen "they couldn't get in last night even if they tried" i shake my head.

"boss" another man walks in "we got a package addressed to nicoletta" i stand up as the box wrapped in newspaper is placed in front of me. my hands touch the box it could be a bomb. but rose doesn't work with explosives she's thinks thier stupid.

I peel the paper to a brown box with words in it. "you have until midnight, the clock is ticking" I chew on my bottom lip and rip the top of the box open with my arms that are still a little sore even through the pain medication.

oh my god. My body fills with anger as i look at the polaroids of an unconscious luciano tied to a chair. picking up the last one my body feel sick.

his wrists are all red from how tight the zip ties and handcuffs that pinch his skin. my fingers brush something smooth on the back of the polaroid what's this? i flip it over.

oh shit. my throat gets tight. it's a piece of his skin with the skull tattoo from his arm. "they are cutting him up" i drop the polaroid as anger erupts into my body so quick i barely have time to process it.i turn around and walk to the door "niki!" stefano calls out after me and i walk down the hall and run up the stairs back to my hotel room.

luciano's pov:

my head hangs low as the cold air hits my shirtless body. I hear people walking around so I keep my breathing and position the same. "we can't touch him and you know that" there's a woman's voice with a french accent "if we touch him we don't get rose back unharmed, and what about Cora!"

there's some shushing heard i'm fucked. a creaking door  "louis! Alessia!" a deeper voice enters the room "out! i had enough of your arguing" i hear shuffling that gets further and further away.

"What do I do with you?" The deeper voice gets closer to me. "I can't hurt you, I can only make it look like I'm hurting you" There's some humming and then I hear the man's heavy footsteps walk further from me and the door opens.

Nicoletta's pov:

"have i made myself clear!'' I twist the knife that I've lodged in the man's shoulder "yes! ow! fuck!" his weak body lays on the table I threw him on "I don't think i can hear you" i dig the knife in deeper, "nicoletta!" dad's voice booms in the large room.

"he's being a disrespectful piece of shit! I put him on a job three hours ago and all he's done is flirt with some of our women" I take my hand off the knife and pull his body back and onto the floor. He screams again and the entire room looks at me in shock, frozen "get back to work!" I sit down in the seat that is in front of some monitors.

If you want something done, do it yourself. "if no one will take care of him i have no problem putting that dog down" i see a few men immediately run to the injured man on the floor helping him up.