chapter 41: work day

my body naturally wakes up in luciano's arms. This is nice. I slowly open my eyes until I meet his. "good morning beautiful" i can practically feel my cheeks heat up. I smile and cover my face "stop it" . My words are muffled by my hands.

he pulls my hands away and cups my face "no" he kisses my forehead and i wrap my body around him ignoring the pain in my legs. "What time is it?" I speak against Luciano's neck. "it's 1:45" my body shoots up. "what" he laughs "calm down your dads still asleep" my eyebrows raise.

"yea shocking i know" switching the way we're laying luciano leans on the headboard and sits me on his lap. I wince a bit but the pain settles after a second.

"I wanna take you on a real date" Luciano's hands rest on my hips. I smile "I'd like that" I tilt my head. "did you sleep okay" i play with his hair and he nods "i did"

my phone rings from my clutch on the couch. "can you go get it? i'm too warm here" luciano's laughs and moves me off of him before walking over and grabbing the clutch from last night. he tosses it on the bed and i take my phone out.

Maria Sanchez is calling...

I pick up "hey maria what's up" luciano walks back over and pulls me onto his lap. I hold in the wince and keep the phone to my ear.

"niki hi love, did v come home with you guys last night?"

my brows furrow. "No, why?"

"i can't seem to reach her and she just so happened to leave Mr.Ricci tied up in the basement all night"

"oh my god" i laugh a bit

"Oh my god is right, Blade is currently taking care of him right now, if you get a hold of her please tell her to call me" she laughs at the end of her sentence.

"will do, bye"

"bye niki" she hangs up.

putting my phone down i laugh. "what's up?" pressing the bridge of my nose i keep my laughter contained "aunt v tied up Mr.ricci and left him there in the sanchez basement" i laugh and lean forward laughing into luciano's shoulder. "no she didn't"

lifting my head up my eyes water "she did '' i take a deep breath "and they found him this morning, and blade is taking care of him" i can hardly breathe and i hear luciano laughing with me.

After a few minutes the laughing calms and i wipe my eyes. "we should get ready for the day" I rub my face and pull myself away from his body.

luciano's pov:

i've gotta say, Mr.Ricci deserves it. niki pulls away from my body and i get a good look at her. holy shit. seeing her in nothing but my sweatpants is definitely the best thing i've ever laid eyes on.

niki scoots over to the edge of my bed and sets her phone down on the nightstand. She pulls the sheet with her and she just stays in place.

I meant everything I said to her at the ball. She's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. looking at her now she's still effortlessly beautiful.

The way she sits on the side of my bed with her hair up is just so fascinating to me. as she stretches a bit i see that scar on her back move with her. through everything i know about her,physically and mentally, she's perfect.

She hops down from my bed and limps for a moment but pushes through the obvious pain and picks up my button down from last night and puts it on buttoning with ease.

walking back over she grabs her phone and climbs back in bed visibly fighting pain. "i'll see you later" she kisses my cheek and then climbs back out of bed and walks out the room.