chapter 43: warehouse

"come with me" mom grabs my wrist tighter as she pulls me "mom where are we going" she pulls me farther away from the school into this shady allyway.

"stop asking questions, Nicoletta. I need to show you what you life is going to be '' my heart starts to pound as we reach the end of the alleyway and i see someone laying on the floor.

"mom." I see her yellow sweater and I run towards her body "mom! we have to help her" i go to reach down but she grabs me "don't touch her,she's dead" i look at her "no mom,it's sara she's-" i look at sara once more "dead." mom holds me back "oh my god"

"mom she's dead!" tears prick in my eyes "i know nicoletta. in our family business,with your father, this is what you'll face" tears stream from my eyes "what?"l

i look back at sara "she'll be on the news later let's go" mom starts to pull me away "no mom! we have to do something" i hear my voice turn into sobs "no mom no. please!" she places a hand over my mouth and I scream as hard as I can.

my eyes shoot open and i wake up screaming. looking around i see a figure in the corner it's rose. i move back on my bed and my back hits the head board. luciano comes into my blurry vision "she's here she's here" i try to move as far away as i can.

my heart starts to pound. "niki look at me" he holds my face and a sob escapes "lucian-o look" my body starts to tingle and my shaking hand points to the corner of the room. "niki no one is in here" i swallow hard.

peering over his shoulder the only thing in the corner of the room is my coat hanging on the door. fuck i cover my face and sob into my shaking hands. I haven't had a dream like that in awhile.

I bring my knees to my chest. It's hot here . I pull my hands away from my face and control the crying. "i need a minute" i get up and walk through the dark room to my bathroom.

i turn the light on and shut the door. Sara's body replays in my mind and slide onto the cold floor leaning on my bathtub.

i stretch my legs out taking deep breaths still shaking. She's dead because of you. my vision gets blurry again and tears fall. I hear a knock on the bathroom door "niki can i come in?" I wipe my face. "yeah." Luciano opens the door and steps in shutting it.

he joins me on the floor sitting in front of me "what happend." i bring my knees up to my chest "i had this-" i swallow hard pushing past the dryness of my throat "nightmare i guess- it was about my friend sara. the one my mom killed" he nods.

"I haven't had a dream like that in a really long time. The last time I had a dream about her was a few years ago." I lean my head back and look at the ceiling. "Is that who you thought you saw? sara" i shake my head looking at him "no i thought i saw rose" he nods

we're silent for a moment. "I'm really scared,I've been acting like I'm not these last four days." Luciano looks at me "I don't wanna be. I don't want Rose to have control over me. i hate that she does"

"I'm never scared and I don't like the feeling at all. it's like this constant feeling and it hasn't gone away since the phone call" i take a deep breath. he nods

tears try to form again but i close my eyes and push everything down but i can't push the fear away. "why won't it go away" i hit my thighs as i speak and i squeeze my eyes shut. Why does she make me feel like this?

I keep hitting my legs until I feel my hands gently place themselves around my wrists, stopping me. i open my eyes to meet luciano. "i wanna feel safe" i slowly make my way over to him and wrap around his body.

Luciano's arms wrap around me. "she's fucked me up" i let out a dry chuckle before resting my head on his shoulder. I don't know what to do except laugh,I can't make myself feel better so I'll ignore it till it goes away.