chapter 38: tasks

walking out of dad's office hazel and i walk our separate ways, i walk through the dining room stepping over plates to get the hallway and down the basement stairs.

peeking through all the rooms i see celia strapped to a chair. Her wounds are stitched and she's in fresh clothing,and she looks pretty healthy. her hair is longer from when we first took her,it started as a bob and now it's under her shoulders.

closing the door behind me her head snaps "nicoletta,i haven't seen you in awhile" her voice is strong as i step closer to her.

"Why are you here?" Celia's voice carries anger "i was told i had to scare you" she scoffs "just because you haven't seen me in awhile celia doesn't mean you should forget what i'm capable of, do you even know how long you have been here?"

she shakes her head "awhile" she swallows oh come on giving up already "yea awhile" i pull up a stool from table and take a seat in front of her.

"you know how i'm gonna kill you?" I cross my legs, placing my elbow on my knee and resting on my hand. Celia looks up at me with an emotionless expression "go on, ask me" i gesture at her to speak.

"How are you going to kill me?" Her voice is laced with attitude. "same way my mother killed sara, except she's gonna watch you die. she's gonna watch as i stab you over and over and over.then i'm going to leave the room so she can watch your corpse in grief" i send celia a bitchy smile.

her face has grown white and is spread with fear "or maybe i'll just slit your throat, let you go easy. either way i'm just using you to make my mother suffer"

"nicoletta" i raise my eyebrows at her "i know what you went through i was there, i know that she hurt you and your upset with her-" i cut her off by laughing

"upset with her? upset with her! She killed my friend and made me look at her dead body! she tortured me celia! She stabbed me! she shot me!" i shoot up from my seat "she never showed me love,she was never the mother that i needed! she never cared! So I'm not just upset! i'm furious!"

"I can't even tell you the amount of nights I would go to sleep hurt and crying in the apartment! I'm going to hurt her the way she's hurt me!" I walk close to her, grabbing her chin and forcing Celia to look up at me "and you're the key to breaking her." i lower my voice letting my words puncture her.

"I know" celia's whispers as her eyes fill with tears. I let go of her face and back up "you know? you know! you don't know shit celia" i fold my arms sitting back down. calm down think good things

"be my girlfriend niki" i remember the other night and feel my body relax just a little. don't relax completely nik "i know she was never a mother to you,that's why i tried to love you the way she never could" tears roll down her cheeks.

"I tried to save you, Nicoletta,so you wouldn't become what she wanted!" what? "I knew she was ruining you,you were just a little girl! I tried and I tried to save you and I failed! look what you have become!"

i'm taken back by her words "what have i become celia '' i snap at her "your just like her! the way you walk! the way you talk! how merciless you are! your little meltdowns that could kill someone if you aren't stopped, i hear them through the vents. she has the same ones!"

"what?" celia sighs "i tried to protect that sweet innocent little girl you were,for as long as i could" celia's tears continue to form "i didn't want for you to become like this,i tried to save that sweet soul you had." My chest hurts. It feels like her words are stabbing me.

"You're nothing but rotten now Nicoletta,I failed" celia presses her lips together keeping sobs in "your right, you did fail '' i stand up from the seat and it falls down causing celia to jump.