chapter 48: celebration

hi lovelies!!!
here's how's i pictured nikis dress when writing the chapter.
enjoy <3

It's 9:00pm and the party started an hour ago

It's 9:00pm and the party started an hour ago. Dad told us to change into something more fun because that's aunt V's theme.

what the fuck am i going to wear. i go through my clothes. Is this too revealing for a party? my hands brush against a silver dress.

"what's your favorite color haylee?'' I lean on my hand as we sit on the couch. "That's a very hard choice" she smiles, "maybe dark purple. it's a very pretty color in my opinion" i smile

my eyes land on a purple midi satin dress. I smile, it's perfect. I walk over to the dress, taking it off the hanger and putting it one.

I make my way over to my heels and pick up simple black ones. I look in the mirror she would love it. i walk out of my room and into the hallway.

I already hear the chatter,laughter,and music as soon as I close my door. this is a good thing,she would want this.

I make my way down the steps "there she is!" aunt v holds a glass of champagne and i smile "niki you look lovely" a woman standing with aunt v sips her wine with smile "thank you"

a lady walks by with a tray of champagne and aunt v picks one up "here,have some" she smiles and hands me the glass "go have fun" she motions me away.

I walk into the kitchen where people are talking. i open the back door how the fuck did aunt v set all this up? speakers,and dance floor,tables with food,a corner where you take shots,a photo booth. she really out did herself. 

"niki!" Maria stands by the table with shots and motions me over. I walk over and she smiles "take a shot with me" i raise my brows okay "so what we have to do is take this paper,write a toast and then place it in this glass."

"Okay seems easy. what should we toast to?" i lean on the table and set my champagne down. "maybe...a life well lived?" Maria smiles "i love that" she takes the pen and writes on the paper.

She folds up the paper and puts it in the glass before pouring us shots. i take one and so does she "to a life well lived" i raise the shot glass "to a life well lived" we clink our glasses and take the shot.

Wow, that's strong. that's not vodka. "What is that?" i let the burning sensation fade "grappa '' Maria shakes her head "wow. why's that? '' I take a sip of champagne "it was lee's favorite" she smiles softly and gets lost in thought. "we'll that was fun,we should celebrate"

She walks off and I feel a hand on my back. I turn around to Luciano who's smiling down at me. "my mom loved purple" i smile "i know. that's why i picked it" i shrug. I take his hand and walk away from the loud music.

we get closer to the beach "how are you doing after today?" I look up at him and Luciano's hands go to my waist. "I'm doing pretty good, I know time will make this better" he sighs a little "how are you doing after your dad and your sister?"