chapter 64: the one and only

"Then finally here is this little corner space and then a shelf that you can climb into the ceiling right under the altar where the priest sits." hazel points to the accurately drawn layout of the church.

"okay, thank you hazel" she smiles taking a seat in the conference room dad payed for. he's showing everyone the floor plan and the sending out pictures to the rest of the mafia.

"i wish i could be more help this is going to be big  for the mafia" she leans on the table "i know what i have to do but do you think i'll make it out in time what if-" i hold my hand out "hazel no" i shake my head "you can't be scared. you are the key part of getting us successfully into the church" i take a deep breath.

"if you freak out and get hurt everything will go down hill and i won't be able to function properly because-" i stop myself from freaking out "you are more than capable the second you shoot the first gaurd you run out the door you came in i'll handle the other one" she nods "okay"

"we got it?" dad looks around the group as we nod "okay go back to your room here we have to stay there until 8:30 before we go to the avalon" my throat tightens as I nod.

we all stand up "niki and luciano stay for a second" we both look at each other and then at my father taking our seats again.

vinchenzo shuts the door on the way out. "niki what's with the heavy makeup?" wait what? dad leans on the seat across from us "i'm not wearing that much?" my head tilts a bit.

"you sure?" i nod "i don't need i'm naturally hot as fu-" the picture of luciano licking up my neck is displayed on the screen just above his head.  oh shit my heart sinks into my ass.

the red-purple hickeys on my neck and the hickeys on Luciano's collar bones. the thin hotel sheet covering just enough of my body that I'm not completely exposed, luciano's tongue in the middle of my neck and the smile on my face really makes this situation worse

well fuck "listen i'm not mad" dad places his hand flat on the table "i am a little mad but as v would say i'm"over reacting for no reason" so i am going to do what i did with your brothers" he presses his lips togther.

"dad we don't need a sex talk" i stand up "sit" his voice gets more stern and i stop in place "nicoletta." his voice stays stiff. i stay quite for a moment before i sit down.

"i am going to assume that you are being carful and taking precaution" dad looks at both of us, he's been through this three times already with my brothers this won't take long. we both nod even though we know it's not the truth "keep it that way" his brows raise and we both nod quickly.

"okay back to your rooms" luciano and i stand quickly and rush out of the room and to the elevator down to our room. "i'm going to beat the shit of our cassie when we get back to milan,i've had enough" luciano looks at me "i'm not even going to stop you,who knows who has seen that picture"

the realization that if it's gotten back to my father the whole mafia has probably seen it "well we're fucked" we step into the elevators and the doors shut behind us.

we make it up to our floor and we walk as quickly as possible to our room. i open the door with a key card and walk to the floor to ceiling windows shutting the curtains. today we're more likely able to die if rose knows we're here. 

luciano sits on the couch as i turn on the overhead light. "so what if the mafia has seen it, now everyone will know your mine" i wall over to him and luciano pulls me into his lap as i playfully roll my eyes

"and every girl who wants to fuck you knows that they can't have you" i smile leaning my head on his and wrapping my arms around him.

his arms snake around my waist and he pulls me in tight just keeping me close to him. "i'm scared to go to the avalon" he hums drawing circles at my sides "it's okay to be scared niki" i shake my head "no it's not, fear is never something i ever felt until i got that phone call. fear makes me weak" i pause for a moment "when we leave here at 8:30 i'm pushing my emotions out whether you like to it not"